JSS Software:Diecast Forum

“A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.”

-William Shakespeare

Visit Automodello.

The PhillyMint

Diecasm

Legal Disclaimer:

You must be 18 years old to post on our boards as per our registration requirement. All data posted on this site must be "Original and non defamatory". JSS is not responsible for the accuracy of any information which gets posted to our forums. Please view our Forum Guidelines before posting.

Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 JSS Forums
 Corner Bar
 2016 ramp truck

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Insert YouTube

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
FenderMender Posted - 09/06/2020 : 18:32:55

A few weeks ago we made a donation to the local thrift shop. Due to the virus, I told my wife I would only go into the store and through the toy section as fast as possible. In doing so I spotted nothing worthwhile except this 2016 Hess ramp truck. It set me back two bills. What I did not know at the time was that it included fresh batteries that power the four control buttons on the cab's top and a sound activated ramp out back. The many lights, front, rear, and sides all flash when on; sounds include the truck starting up and taking off normally and revving and racing at a drag strip. Other sounds are the blaring warning horn and the loading ramp being lowered and retrieved.

The official 2016 Hess version also included a drag car with various features.

I took some liberties and added detailing to the grille, door panels, exhaust pipes, wheels and signage.

As far as scale goes, the truck appears to be 1/32, perhaps, as 1/24 vehicles are too wide, thus not fitting on the deck correctly. The New Ray 1970 Dodge Challenger shown is supposed to be 1/32 scale and it does fit the wheel holds on the truck's deck. Even if Hess truck is out of scale for most of the models in my collection, viewing it without cargo still looks pretty good to me.

Thanks for looking....

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Evan M Posted - 09/07/2020 : 06:00:24
Nice catch.
Skylark Posted - 09/06/2020 : 18:46:51
I've seen some of these in on-line ads. Didn't know they had lights or sound.

Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales. © 2000-20 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000