JSS Software:Diecast Forum

You found the best diecast forum on the internet, and it is best viewed with IE 8 or greater.

Visit Automodello.

The PhillyMint

Shambles Models

ACME Trading Company.

Diecasm

Visit Judee Collectibiles.

Legal Disclaimer:

You must be 18 years old to post on our boards as per our registration requirement. All data posted on this site must be "Original and non defamatory". JSS is not responsible for the accuracy of any information which gets posted to our forums. Please view our Forum Guidelines before posting.

Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 JSS Forums
 1:24th Die Cast Forum
 How dumb am I?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Myron

USA

Posted - 02/16/2018 :  09:08:45  Show Profile
OK I love working on stuff, mostly mechanical stuff; it's what I enjoy, but sometimes I think I am as dumb as a stump. My two front tires on my JD tractor won't hold air any longer. Yes I took them off and brought them to a shop who claimed they fixed them. NOT... so old Myron ordered two tubes and thought I used to break down 10.00x22 truck tires how hard could this be?

Well from an 18 year old kid to a 65 year old man it could be hard. LOL! Got the tires off the rims, now all I have to do is clean everything up, throw a patch in one tire to block the hole and put them back together hoping I don't pinch a tube. Sounds easy? NOT... What the hell was I thinking? Nobody wants to do this kind of work around here anymore, the couple places I called told me to buy a tire and rim already mounted etc. Why? I got a twenty year old machine, ten bucks in tubes works for me.

I plan on getting these back together today, hopefully everything will go as planned.. stay tuned. You may hear me cursing where you live but that's OK; I'm venting.

Evan M

USA

Posted - 02/16/2018 :  09:31:06  Show Profile
I know the feeling, I have 13 years on you and this last illness really set me back, I can hardly walk the length of our house now and it's only 52 feet long.
Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 02/16/2018 :  10:15:24  Show Profile
This gettin’ old sucks Evan. I have a severe medical problem so eveyday is a challenge but you do what you got to do and soldier on.
Go to Top of Page

Frank Kocour

USA

Posted - 02/16/2018 :  11:41:03  Show Profile
I hear you Myron. All my life I've handled most of my problems without having to hire outside help. It's one reason why we have things. I don't throw them away - I fix them. Hell, I've got shoes in my closet that are 35 years old that I still wear and still look great.

People today are lazy. They would rather replace something than repair it.

But, there comes a point where the body and the mind refuse to meet on some tasks. That's when we begrudgingly hire things done. It started happening to me a couple of years ago.
Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 02/16/2018 :  14:01:57  Show Profile
I am happy to announce the tubes are in the tires, the tires are on the rims and the rim is on the tractor. Good to go.

I would not attempt this job if you don't have the spoons to do it, I did. I change my bike tires all the time, small and easy, and the tires on my tractor wagon. I am always changing the tires on that wagon; I haul more than it was ever meant to haul. I have to look for 6 ply tires for the wagon next time they need to be changed.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Nist

USA

Posted - 02/16/2018 :  15:18:12  Show Profile
I am at the point where I don't want to do anything any more. I do what I can because I don't like paying someone else if I don't have to.
Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 02/16/2018 :  15:19:59  Show Profile
Bob I have no problem paying someone, the problem here is finding someone.
Go to Top of Page

Mark S

USA

Posted - 02/16/2018 :  17:29:42  Show Profile
Congrats on getting it done, Myron. Sounds like something that would involve multiple injuries if I did it, LOL. I try to do everything myself but can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Like Bob, I don't like paying for someone to do something I can do myself. But some of this stuff is getting so hard for me to do anymore. I keep soldering on. My mom, may she rest in peace, retired at 65 and did nothing for 27 years and it showed in the final decade of her life. Too weak to do anything, mental incapacity. I'm trying to avoid that by being active but that will eventually evolve into just walking and exercising rather than doing all the backbreaking work it takes to keep up the house and yard. I don't want to think of leaving this house but I know it is on the horizon - too much to take care of and I'm the type that would bitch about the job anyone else did as I'm too particular about how things are done. Sounds like a lot of us are in the same boat.
Go to Top of Page

tcam

USA

Posted - 02/16/2018 :  18:02:32  Show Profile
Yes and the dam boat has a leak Mark!
Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 02/17/2018 :  15:45:01  Show Profile
Checked the tires today, no leaks, all is good with the world.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales. © 2000-18 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000