JSS Software:Diecast Forum

“A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.”

-William Shakespeare

Visit Automodello.

The PhillyMint

Diecasm

Legal Disclaimer:

You must be 18 years old to post on our boards as per our registration requirement. All data posted on this site must be "Original and non defamatory". JSS is not responsible for the accuracy of any information which gets posted to our forums. Please view our Forum Guidelines before posting.

Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 JSS Forums
 Corner Bar
 Facebook might ban it but not here
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

kosh2258

USA

Posted - 07/02/2020 :  19:10:47  Show Profile
To, at least partially, answer your questions Alfred:
This country is suffering from at least 25 years of failed Congressional representation. Members of Congress, especially the leadership, have done little to nothing to address the issues building up here. They've dodged their responsibility to legislate because they're afraid they might offend someone and ruin their chances for re-election, their primary goal. With many, it's about self-service rather than public service. They care more about their donors wishes than representing the voters that elect them.
Keep the "peasants" fighting amongst themselves and they won't pay any attention to us. Just make empty promises at election time to get voted in and then go back to business as usual. Stir the pot around each election so the voters forget why they should vote for someone else.

Not every person in our Congress is a grifter, but the ones who aren't are far outnumbered by the ones that are.

Yes, this just my considered opinion, but I believe it's pretty close to the truth.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Nist

USA

Posted - 07/02/2020 :  21:38:51  Show Profile
Here is my prediction for the 2020 election and after. Joe Biden will win, Trump does not know how to act and no matter what he has accomplished he has sabotaged himself.

Biden has announced he will have a female VP. The democrats disparately want a female president. Between years 2 and 3 of Biden's term the leaders of the democrat party will convince the VP to use the 25th amendment to replace him. The amendment reads in part:

4: Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

It might not be as far fetched as it seems.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Nist

USA

Posted - 07/02/2020 :  21:38:51  Show Profile
Here is my prediction for the 2020 election and after. Joe Biden will win, Trump does not know how to act and no matter what he has accomplished he has sabotaged himself.

Biden has announced he will have a female VP. The democrats disparately want a female president. Between years 2 and 3 of Biden's term the leaders of the democrat party will convince the VP to use the 25th amendment to replace him. The amendment reads in part:

4: Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 07/03/2020 :  00:51:23  Show Profile
Ted.... you are spot on. It's more about how much money you can get from donors for re-election than doing the real work that needs to be done.

McLain tried to fix the money-in-politics thing, our "supreme" judges overruled - hiding behind a baffling "free speech" argument, and we the people didn't impeach them for it. Corporations may be considered "persons" in the eyes of the law, but they don't vote. So free speech should not have applied.

Reed, Pelosi, Schummer, McConnell..... all should be written into history as disgraces to their country.

However, I still feel the Clintons started this, and it's been Hatfields against McCoys ever since.

(Notice I attack my own party more than GOP in this list, because our Democratic party leaders act more like whining children than adults these days.)

But your point is very true, Ted. Very true.

Edited by - Skylark on 07/03/2020 00:52:41
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 07/03/2020 :  00:51:23  Show Profile
Ted.... you are spot on. It's more about how much money you can get from donors for re-election than doing the real work that needs to be done.

McLain tried to fix the money-in-politics thing, our "supreme" judges overruled - hiding behind a baffling "free speech" argument, and we the people didn't impeach them for it. Corporations may be considered "persons" in the eyes of the law, but they don't vote. So free speech should not have applied.

Reed, Pelosi, Schummer, McConnell..... all should be written into history as disgraces to their country.

However, I still feel the Clintons started this, and it's been Hatfields against McCoys ever since.

(Notice I attack my own party more than GOP in this list, because our Democratic party leaders act more like whining children than adults these days.)

But your point is very true, Ted. Very true.

Edited by - Skylark on 07/03/2020 00:52:41
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 07/03/2020 :  01:12:13  Show Profile
Alfred, glad to have you contribute here.

You will be US Medicare and Social Security age when you retire, but not sure if you have been paying into the system while you were working in other countries. You might want to inquire about that by calling a Social Security office serving the location you will move to, before you retire. You may need a tax advisor/advocate to fix things if they have not been done correctly, even if you filed income taxes to the IRS. I think FICA tax needed to be deducted from your pay all along to cover you.

People I know where I live now and who are already on Medicare say that with the supplemental coverage plans available, your health care bills are manageable. Something like 80/20 without supplemental, almost all paid if you have the supplemental plan. Premiums for coverage not outrageous; I'll be finding out for myself soon.

One point I do raise though about your Canada coverage, it may seem the services are free, but it's pretty clear when government gets involved, they are getting their revenue to cover it from some other means. In many Euro countries, they tax petrol (gasoline) and the engine displacement of your car to pay for healthcare and other "free" plans in their system. I'm fairly certain Canada likewise collects from Peter to pay Paul somewhere somehow. It's not free. You're paying for it somewhere else.

Not sure why that hospital in Va. delayed treatment for you in such an emergency. Hospitals around here may ask for your insurance information when you come in, but never deny service like that. My county tax levy includes an allocation each year to cover people in our hospital who have no insurance.

One other thing I suggest you become familiar with before you move back to US, is the HIPAA law. There are rights to medical services included in that law that even current politicians and their staff have forgotten. Obamacare "pre-existing conditions" argument that helped get it going was already previously approved in HIPAA, according to my health insurance plan agent at the time. Passage of Obamacare wasn't needed to do that.

Getting back to your question about our divided and broken society.... I cannot under estimate the impact of anonymous social media on attitudes, and getting groups to come out protesting everything under the sun. All of us on this site pretty much get along with each other, but I've been in some doozy discussions on other sites. If it's Russia or China, or some other place stirring up trouble, I wouldn't be surprised.

Edited by - Skylark on 07/03/2020 03:38:48
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 07/03/2020 :  01:12:13  Show Profile
Alfred, glad to have you contribute here.

You will be US Medicare and Social Security age when you retire, but not sure if you have been paying into the system while you were working in other countries. You might want to inquire about that by calling a Social Security office serving the location you will move to, before you retire. You may need a tax advisor/advocate to fix things if they have not been done correctly, even if you filed income taxes to the IRS. I think FICA tax needed to be deducted from your pay all along to cover you.

People I know where I live now and who are already on Medicare say that with the supplemental coverage plans available, your health care bills are manageable. Something like 80/20 without supplemental, almost all paid if you have the supplemental plan. Premiums for coverage not outrageous; I'll be finding out for myself soon.

One point I do raise though about your Canada coverage, it may seem the services are free, but it's pretty clear when government gets involved, they are getting their revenue to cover it from some other means. In many Euro countries, they tax petrol (gasoline) and the engine displacement of your car to pay for healthcare and other "free" plans in their system. I'm fairly certain Canada likewise collects from Peter to pay Paul somewhere somehow. It's not free. You're paying for it somewhere else.

Not sure why that hospital in Va. delayed treatment for you in such an emergency. Hospitals around here may ask for your insurance information when you come in, but never deny service like that. My county tax levy includes an allocation each year to cover people in our hospital who have no insurance.

One other thing I suggest you become familiar with before you move back to US, is the HIPAA law. There are rights to medical services included in that law that even current politicians and their staff have forgotten. Obamacare "pre-existing conditions" argument that helped get it going was already previously approved in HIPAA, according to my health insurance plan agent at the time. Passage of Obamacare wasn't needed to do that.

Getting back to your question about our divided and broken society.... I cannot under estimate the impact of anonymous social media on attitudes, and getting groups to come out protesting everything under the sun. All of us on this site pretty much get along with each other, but I've been in some doozy discussions on other sites. If it's Russia or China, or some other place stirring up trouble, I wouldn't be surprised.

Edited by - Skylark on 07/03/2020 03:38:48
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 07/03/2020 :  01:28:01  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Kocour

Food for thought. Should Biden be elected POTUS (God forbid) do you think that most of our troubles will suddenly and magically disappear - including Covid 19?

I'm on your side of that Biden debate, Evan!

Frank, I wouldn't want to be a law enforcement officer, or a big city resident if he is elected. Both the police's ability to do their job (fewer police and with their "hands tied"), and residents' safety will be diminished (911 calls prioritized and many not responded to).
Covid is already almost gone, Frank! Surprise! It is now "known" to have mutated so that its attachment ability to tissue is stronger. Happened in late spring, according to latest "research". They say now they suspected it changed in late spring, but didn't inform doctors of those suspicions, so doctors unknowingly it appears were not even treating the same disease. How can so many of these covid-19 tests be coming out positive lately, if the virus is not the same?! We aren't getting a straight-up story from the medical elite, that's my take-away on it. Next year it will have a new name, but sickness not gone. It never ends! Biden will ask for more medical research grants.

The only "trouble" that will magically end is we won't have a President putting out messages in Twitter.

And Biden says he wants to do all these programs, but only tax a few upper income people. Sounds politically correct, right?
But that means inflation will pay for it, with federal tax collection higher on the inflated dollars, making those of us on fixed incomes suddenly poorer.

Edited by - Skylark on 07/22/2020 02:05:52
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 07/03/2020 :  01:28:01  Show Profile
quote:

Food for thought. Should Biden be elected POTUS (God forbid) do you think that most of our troubles will suddenly and magically disappear - including Covid 19?

I'm on your side of that Biden debate, Evan!

Frank, I wouldn't want to be a law enforcement officer, or a big city resident if he is elected. Both the police's ability to do their job (fewer police and with their "hands tied"), and residents' safety will be diminished (911 calls prioritized and many not responded to).
Covid is already almost gone, Frank! Surprise! It is now "known" to have mutated so that its attachment ability to tissue is stronger. Happened in late spring, according to latest "research". They say now they suspected it changed in late spring, but didn't inform doctors of those suspicions, so doctors unknowingly it appears were not even treating the same disease. How can so many of these covid-19 tests be coming out positive lately, if the virus is not the same?! We aren't getting a straight-up story from the medical elite, that's my take-away on it. Next year it will have a new name, but sickness not gone. It never ends! Biden will ask for more medical research grants.

The only "trouble" that will magically end is we won't have a President putting out messages in Twitter.

And Biden says he wants to do all these programs, but only tax a few upper income people. Sounds politically correct, right?
But that means inflation will pay for it, with federal tax collection higher on the inflated dollars, making those of us on fixed incomes suddenly poorer.

Edited by - Skylark on 07/22/2020 02:05:52
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 07/03/2020 :  02:11:23  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Nist

Trump has burned far too many bridges, Bob. You're right. Unclear to me he has much bridge building ability to put them back up by the Fall. The Oklahoma rally fiasco might wake up someone, but who knows?

I don't think they will need to invoke the amendment clause you cite on Biden. Could be earlier than year 2 if you ask me, and it could just be "due to natural causes", not only "unable to discharge duties".

That 25th amendment sure sounds like a legalized coup though, doesn't it? Maybe it needs to be repealed! The VP can initiate it and elevate themself that way? Wow, I never read that clause when it passed, I guess.

Edited by - Skylark on 07/11/2020 20:33:07
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 07/03/2020 :  02:11:23  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Nist

Trump has burned far too many bridges, Bob. You're right. Unclear to me he has much bridge building ability to put them back up by the Fall. The Oklahoma rally fiasco might wake up someone, but who knows?

I don't think they will need to invoke the amendment clause you cite on Biden. Could be earlier than year 2 if you ask me, and it could just be "due to natural causes", not only "unable to discharge duties".

That 25th amendment sure sounds like a legalized coup though, doesn't it? Maybe it needs to be repealed! The VP can initiate it and elevate themself that way? Wow, I never read that clause when it passed, I guess.

Edited by - Skylark on 07/11/2020 20:33:07
Go to Top of Page

Frank Kocour

USA

Posted - 07/03/2020 :  09:51:17  Show Profile
My reason for posing my original question is that I suspect a lot of our Covid 19 reporting/riot activity/destruction of property have been contrived via unnatural means just to keep Trump from winning the election.

If my assumption is correct and if Trump is voted out there will be no further need to artificially instill fear in people. Most of what we are experiencing will go away, because it wasn't totally real in the first place.

Alfred, I can tell you from personal experience that Medicare in the U.S., especially Medicare Advantage programs, are wonderful. I could have gone to the VA for less out of pocket expense, but I no longer have confidence in that system.

And you are right about the cost of private insurance. When I went on Medicare I was paying an insurance premium of nearly $900 per month. Something needs to be done about the high cost of private insurance.

On the other hand . . . Cathy works in a department store as a cashier and talks to Canadians who come to the U.S. for health care, so something doesn't seem right somewhere.

quote:

Go to Top of Page

Frank Kocour

USA

Posted - 07/03/2020 :  09:51:17  Show Profile
My reason for posing my original question is that I suspect a lot of our Covid 19 reporting/riot activity/destruction of property have been contrived via unnatural means just to keep Trump from winning the election.

If my assumption is correct and if Trump is voted out there will be no further need to artificially instill fear in people. Most of what we are experiencing will go away, because it wasn't totally real in the first place.

Alfred, I can tell you from personal experience that Medicare in the U.S., especially Medicare Advantage programs, are wonderful. I could have gone to the VA for less out of pocket expense, but I no longer have confidence in that system.

And you are right about the cost of private insurance. When I went on Medicare I was paying an insurance premium of nearly $900 per month. Something needs to be done about the high cost of private insurance.

On the other hand . . . Cathy works in a department store as a cashier and talks to Canadians who come to the U.S. for health care, so something doesn't seem right somewhere.

quote:

Go to Top of Page

abaucom21

Canada

Posted - 07/06/2020 :  17:58:52  Show Profile
1980s, I worked at Belmuth Design, as Interior Designer, about 3 blocks from Trump Plaza. Trump properties was my account.
Met DT about 4 times, he had no clue about his properties interior design. I would meet with Ivana.
Ivana had her act together.
Short story, one evening DT hit Ivana in her face, knocking her to the floor in our conference room. All past wife's not going to say anything because they have been compensated.

Perhaps the DT I knew in the '80s' changed. Perhaps be pays his bills, perhaps he is not abusive to women.

Can not prove anything. Only DT, Ivana, myself sill alive. Everyone else in that conference room now dead.

Go to Top of Page

abaucom21

Canada

Posted - 07/06/2020 :  17:58:52  Show Profile
1980s, I worked at Belmuth Design, as Interior Designer, about 3 blocks from Trump Plaza. Trump properties was my account.
Met DT about 4 times, he had no clue about his properties interior design. I would meet with Ivana.
Ivana had her act together.
Short story, one evening DT hit Ivana in her face, knocking her to the floor in our conference room. All past wife's not going to say anything because they have been compensated.

Perhaps the DT I knew in the '80s' changed. Perhaps be pays his bills, perhaps he is not abusive to women.

Can not prove anything. Only DT, Ivana, myself sill alive. Everyone else in that conference room now dead.

Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 07/13/2020 :  05:24:26  Show Profile
Happy to see this in the news - a group has just formed in Norman, Oklahoma to go door-to-door obtaining signatures on petitions to remove 4 city council members and the mayor there,
for their recent municipal decision to "defund" $1 million from the police department in their city - and use the money for unannounced/undefined community programs.

There is also backlash starting over a government plan to make them a sanctuary city.

The power of petition....this is the only way we have to stop socialism and anarchists, when our political system WON'T. I wish the people of Norman success in their endeavor.

More of this needs to be done in other places around the US.
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 07/13/2020 :  05:24:26  Show Profile
Happy to see this in the news - a group has just formed in Norman, Oklahoma to go door-to-door obtaining signatures on petitions to remove 4 city council members and the mayor there,
for their recent municipal decision to "defund" $1 million from the police department in their city - and use the money for unannounced/undefined community programs.

There is also backlash starting over a government plan to make them a sanctuary city.

The power of petition....this is the only way we have to stop socialism and anarchists, when our political system WON'T. I wish the people of Norman success in their endeavor.

Go to Top of Page

Frank Kocour

USA

Posted - 07/13/2020 :  08:33:13  Show Profile
The pushback is starting in other places too. We are all fed up with the situation and if the government won't step in to take care of things the citizens will do so.

quote:
Originally posted by Skylark

Go to Top of Page

Frank Kocour

USA

Posted - 07/13/2020 :  08:33:13  Show Profile
The pushback is starting in other places too. We are all fed up with the situation and if the government won't step in to take care of things the citizens will do so.

quote:
Originally posted by Skylark

Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 07/13/2020 :  15:18:38  Show Profile
You know what comes next.... someone or some group will sue in court, to keep "defunding" going.

So we have to be ready to petition again for impeachment of judges, if they rule on the side of the anarchists.
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 07/13/2020 :  15:18:38  Show Profile
You know what comes next.... someone or some group will sue in court, to keep "defunding" going.

So we have to be ready to petition again for impeachment of judges, if they rule on the side of the anarchists.
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 07/22/2020 :  02:01:48  Show Profile
This is an excellent video I just stumbled over!
Myron, if this is over the line, you won't offend me if you delete it. I just thought it is a great balance to all the rioting and destruction we've seen the past few weeks.

One woman takes it upon herself to protest against defunding of police (she chants "re-Fund the police"), paints the street in front of Trump Tower (NYC) to cover over anti-police "mural".....and then gets arrested by police for protesting.
Following that, two fellows begin a fast-paced download on what they've witnessed, and they are absolutely spot-on in their analysis of the situation. Very articulate, logical response to the whole episode, imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y25DhQ5ayIU&list=WL&index=188&t=0s
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 07/22/2020 :  02:01:48  Show Profile
This is an excellent video I just stumbled over!
Myron, if this is over the line, you won't offend me if you delete it. I just thought it is a great balance to all the rioting and destruction we've seen the past few weeks.

One woman takes it upon herself to protest against defunding of police (she chants "re-Fund the police"), paints the street in front of Trump Tower (NYC) to cover over anti-police "mural".....and then gets arrested by police for protesting.
Following that, two fellows begin a fast-paced download on what they've witnessed, and they are absolutely spot-on in their analysis of the situation. Very articulate, logical response to the whole episode, imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y25DhQ5ayIU&list=WL&index=188&t=0s
Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 07/22/2020 :  07:18:51  Show Profile
Hurray for guys like this. Excellent video!
Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 07/22/2020 :  07:18:51  Show Profile
Hurray for guys like this. Excellent video!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales. © 2000-20 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000