JSS Software:Diecast Forum

You found the best diecast forum on the internet, and it is best viewed with IE 8 or greater.

Visit Automodello.

The PhillyMint

Diecasm

Legal Disclaimer:

You must be 18 years old to post on our boards as per our registration requirement. All data posted on this site must be "Original and non defamatory". JSS is not responsible for the accuracy of any information which gets posted to our forums. Please view our Forum Guidelines before posting.

Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 JSS Forums
 1:24th Die Cast Forum
 I spoke to Larry Hooper's son today
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Myron

USA

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  16:13:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he informed me that Larry is in a nursing home, he has dementia but otherwise his health is good. I was sorry to hear this, his son told me he is in good spirits and is there for his own safety. Sad to hear this news... I thought I would share it with you all.

jimmcdonald

USA

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  16:56:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sad news. Too young. Thanks for sharing.
Go to Top of Page

Steve K

USA

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  17:22:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very, very sad. Larry was an integral part of the JSS. I, for one, am greatly saddened by this news. He seemed so sharp then suddenly he wasnít posting. Do you have an address, would he recognize our names if we sent greetings (not get wells)?
Go to Top of Page

Gene

USA

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  17:22:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Myron, I know this all too well as my own Father fights this very same battle everyday. It is sad.
Go to Top of Page

cuda70

USA

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  18:02:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear about Larry I went through this with my Mother. Sending prayers for Larry and Prayers for Strength-Patients and Understanding for his Son
Go to Top of Page

tcam

USA

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  18:51:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ouch this saddens me greatly I miss Larry very sad prayers sent.
Go to Top of Page

djtusn3950

USA

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  19:54:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not a good circumstance but, having nursed folks with dementia and alzhiemers, they really do need to be on watch 25/7. for their own safety and for others piece of mind. May God go with you Larry and son.
Go to Top of Page

Billy Collins

USA

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  19:55:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Such sad news. I thoroughly enjoyed his photos and comments here.
He will be sorely missed. I wish his family well...they have a long road ahead of them.

Thanks for sharing this Myron.
Go to Top of Page

jms601

USA

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  20:10:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is terrible news. Such a seemingly strong person. It can happen to anyone. I too am going through this with my mom. Very hard on everyone.Wish the family all the very best.

Edited by - jms601 on 04/17/2019 20:10:42
Go to Top of Page

JCarnutz

USA

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  20:10:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very sad. Larry's posts were always an enjoyment. My Dad had dementia and then Alzheimer's, it is very hard to go through and it doesn't get better.
My thoughts and prayers to his family, their road is going to be a tough one.
Go to Top of Page

leester

USA

Posted - 04/17/2019 :  21:06:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sorry to hear that.
Such a friendly and helpful member.
Oh well; Getting old is never easy.
Go to Top of Page

Evan M

USA

Posted - 04/18/2019 :  05:31:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sad news, Larry has been missed on the board, I looked forward to his daily posts, I went through the Dementia and then Alzheimers with my mother so I can relate to what his familty is going throuth, my prayers now are including Larry as well as others.
Go to Top of Page

Frank Kocour

USA

Posted - 04/18/2019 :  06:37:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sad. Makes me think of my own vulnerability.
Go to Top of Page

jimmcdonald

USA

Posted - 04/18/2019 :  08:51:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Kocour

Amen to that!
Go to Top of Page

jsg1402

USA

Posted - 04/18/2019 :  12:33:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jimmcdonald

quote:
Originally posted by Frank Kocour

Amen to that!

+1

I'll keep Larry and his family in my thoughts and prayers.
Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 04/18/2019 :  18:03:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I helped Larry out many times remotely with his computer, he always seemed fine and was a joy to talk to. His son told me he always talked about me and JSS; it was one of his favorite places to visit each and everyday. All of you were his friends, he thought very highly of each and everyone of you too. I appreciated his son calling me to give me an update on his father; Larry was/is a good friend and I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. He was one of many that makes this place home. God Bless you Larry!
Go to Top of Page

tcam

USA

Posted - 04/18/2019 :  18:55:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Myron

I helped Larry out many times remotely with his computer, he always seemed fine and was a joy to talk to. His son told me he always talked about me and JSS; it was one of his favorite places to visit each and everyday. All of you were his friends, he thought very highly of each and everyone of you too. I appreciated his son calling me to give me an update on his father; Larry was/is a good friend and I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. He was one of many that makes this place home. God Bless you Larry!

Amen to that Myron for sure I miss him also!
Go to Top of Page

Steve K

USA

Posted - 04/18/2019 :  19:13:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still canít believe this. Soooo sad. Something that bothers me is that no one on D4C has ever asked what happened to Larry. He posted the same over there every day. Thatís the difference between there and here - this is such a caring and friendly site. We are truly friends here, whether or not weíve ever met. God bless Larry- God bless all of you!
Go to Top of Page

Chav

USA

Posted - 04/18/2019 :  20:42:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear that. Larry was pretty good handling digital images that is quite a complex task from someone with dementia, and dementia doesn't happen overnight. He disappeared from here very suddenly.... I wish him well, hopefully he is able to read the forum.
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 04/27/2019 :  03:31:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Belatedly, since I had to be out of town a couple weeks and just saw this....

I too want to say I miss Larry's contributions to JSS, he obviously enjoys this hobby. Always very helpful as well.

I'd been wondering why he's been missing so long here. Last I recall, he said something about having a computer or internet service problem, never suspected this news.

Thanks Myron for passing this along.
Go to Top of Page

jms601

USA

Posted - 04/27/2019 :  19:06:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Forgot to say that when I had first collected enough cars to get a 30 car display case, Larry, by email back and forth, was kind enough to walk me through how to best put it up on the wall in my office. Not to be shy in expressing his opinion, there was only one way to do it--his way. And he was right, of course. I will also always remember him proudly showing us pictures of his 56 Chevrolet.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales. © 2000-19 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000