JSS Software:Diecast Forum

“A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.”

-William Shakespeare

Visit Automodello.

The PhillyMint

Diecasm

Legal Disclaimer:

You must be 18 years old to post on our boards as per our registration requirement. All data posted on this site must be "Original and non defamatory". JSS is not responsible for the accuracy of any information which gets posted to our forums. Please view our Forum Guidelines before posting.

Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 JSS Forums
 Corner Bar
 Everyone OK? Be safe guys this thing is for real
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Myron

USA

Posted - 03/26/2020 :  12:32:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
here in NE PA (Hazleton) we have a large transient population which travels between NY and NJ and now COVID-19 is exploding here. Scary times for sure. Be safe and don't do anything stupid.

Gene

USA

Posted - 03/26/2020 :  14:34:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Safe here Myron, we just got the first case in our county last night.
Go to Top of Page

Evan M

USA

Posted - 03/26/2020 :  14:45:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just saw on the TV that we have three cases here in Chesapeake, evidentially people are taking this pandemic seriously. My wife and I have been in the self imposed quarantine since the git-go, our daughter has been more or less taking care of our food supplies.
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 03/26/2020 :  18:37:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do we actually have to resort to gas rationing to keep these people from being transients into a lock down zone? They're nuts!

No cases reported in my county, the county next to us with a larger city and three universities within it reports 2 cases (spring break'ers who brought it back with them).

I go to the store for bananas.... 5 minutes in and out. Otherwise, I stay home or in my car.

Edited by - Skylark on 03/26/2020 18:38:14
Go to Top of Page

djtusn3950

USA

Posted - 03/26/2020 :  21:16:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The inept and incompetent governor of NY is a disgrace. He shuts down everything but what he should and has openly encourage illegals to come in and be safe and get drivers licenses et al.. And travel between the most overrun area of NY and NJ. What the hell is wrong here.
Go to Top of Page

JCarnutz

USA

Posted - 03/26/2020 :  22:08:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's crazy here in Metro-Detroit. I am still working (essential business) but the public just doesn't seem to taking it serious enough.
Lots of people on the road, despite the State of Michigan has a "shelter in place" order. Paint and/or lawn fertilizer is not essential to your existence,
but it still happens constantly. I can't even tell you how many people come in because they are bored, wanted to get out of the house.
I want to stay home, but I have staff depending on me to be calm and guide the way. I am doing my best.
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 03/27/2020 :  01:11:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JCarnutz

It's crazy here in Metro-Detroit. I am still working (essential business) but the public just doesn't seem to taking it serious enough.
Lots of people on the road, despite the State of Michigan has a "shelter in place" order. Paint and/or lawn fertilizer is not essential to your existence,
but it still happens constantly. I can't even tell you how many people come in because they are bored, wanted to get out of the house.
I want to stay home, but I have staff depending on me to be calm and guide the way. I am doing my best.

I know what you mean having lived there as long as I did, John. People would drive everywhere in any conditions, even in the worst snowstorm in 100 years...

Be careful... I'm watching data daily and Michigan is not doing all that well lately. Spring break students coming back home, I suspect.

Edited by - Skylark on 03/27/2020 01:12:30
Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 03/27/2020 :  07:58:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The mayor of Hazleton just announced this morning that we are the epicenter of Covid-19 in Luzerne County. He is unable to stop the travel between NY and NJ by the hispanic population in our area. Basically they are giving him the middle finger, he shut down the vans that move them back and forth, Martz Bus lines stopped traveling back and forth so now NY taxis are shuttling them back and forth. Stay in NY or Jersey if that is what you want?
Go to Top of Page

Billy Collins

USA

Posted - 03/27/2020 :  08:33:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In Indiana, the last numbers I've seen were.... 4000+ tested... 400+ positive.... 17 deaths. Common sense tells us that until everyone who is sick is tested the numbers will continue to go up. Then, hopefully, the numbers will 'flatten out'. As fast as folks are being tested now, hopefully this will be in a few weeks.

I believe NOTHING being reported out of China. Why should I?!
I have faith in our American medial professionals. However, I hope the FDA doesn't drag its' feet on potential, temporary treatments.

1 or 2 cases reported in my county. Most folks live in small towns and are staying home except for grocery trips.
My family is fine so far.

GOD can't take the storm away; but, HE can get us thru it.
Go to Top of Page

Frank Kocour

USA

Posted - 03/27/2020 :  10:08:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Recently We had some flood damage to our home that resulted in about $15K worth of damage. Yesterday, after waiting 2 weeks for Home Depot to get the material they refused to deliver $4,600 worth of stuff inside our home. Curbside delivery only. What now, Ollie?
Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 03/27/2020 :  11:01:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you blame them Frank? I know what you are saying but they have families too.
Go to Top of Page

leester

USA

Posted - 03/27/2020 :  12:06:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Staying home is brutal.
But its a must do....
Go to Top of Page

djtusn3950

USA

Posted - 03/27/2020 :  12:33:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Myron

The mayor of Hazleton just announced this morning that we are the epicenter of Covid-19 in Luzerne County. He is unable to stop the travel between NY and NJ by the hispanic population in our area. Basically they are giving him the middle finger, he shut down the vans that move them back and forth, Martz Bus lines stopped traveling back and forth so now NY taxis are shuttling them back and forth. Stay in NY or Jersey if that is what you want?

You can thank Governor Mario Cuomo and President Barack Obama for all of that.
Go to Top of Page

jsg1402

USA

Posted - 03/27/2020 :  13:16:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just my thoughts but maybe comments with "political" opinions in them are best discussed on other web forums or Facebook.
Go to Top of Page

Mark S

USA

Posted - 03/27/2020 :  16:50:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jsg1402

just my thoughts but maybe comments with "political" opinions in them are best discussed on other web forums or Facebook.

Yes, please STOP the partisan BS!!!
Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 03/27/2020 :  17:05:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never was my intention to blame anyone, just stating a fact on the population and the traveling habits of our current population. I live in lower Luzerne County where COVID-19 is exploding because of these inconsiderate people.

And just to be clear I could care less of anyone’s political affiliation. You are welcome to erect a statute of whoever you like; I don’t care; I wear big boy pants it doesn’t bother me at all.

https://www.standardspeaker.com/coronavirus/luzerne-county-under-stay-at-home-order-1.2611974

https://m.standardspeaker.com/coronavirus/hazleton-mayor-issues-warning-against-growing-number-of-coronavirus-cases-1.2611639

Scary times when you have NO immune system.

Edited by - Myron on 03/28/2020 07:55:02
Go to Top of Page

Frank Kocour

USA

Posted - 03/28/2020 :  08:28:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the record I'm glad that this site has evolved into a place where we, as friends, can live together and express our opinions without being hated or attacked for them. This is the real world, Facebook isn't.
Go to Top of Page

jsg1402

USA

Posted - 03/28/2020 :  08:29:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Myron, I'm only speaking for myself and had no intention of implicating anyone, I'm sure there are forums and chat rooms where folks who want to talk politics can go and fight it out. I'm sure you're well aware of how things can get when a forum allows political posts from both sides of the aisle.
Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 03/28/2020 :  08:49:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeff I agree 1000% with you. And that is why I moved the thread to here. My post was NEVER meant to be a political statement. Our daughter is on the front line of this thing, she has been putting in 16 hours days, 7 days a week. She is the ringmaster, one of a team who are calling the plays from the sidelines. This is bad and ALL you guys are like family to me. I am truly concerned for everyone here, nothing more.
Go to Top of Page

kosh2258

USA

Posted - 03/29/2020 :  21:50:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Things are ramping up in Minnesota, but at slower pace. So far my county has 5 cases and this has gone up slowly. We have the benefit of the Mayo Clinic having developed their own test and they're administering it at their clinics in the area. Drive through and all. They even came up with a "McGyver" ventilator that uses readily available materials. They're sharing the design for free. MyPillow.com is dedicating their facilities to make PPE masks for medical facilities. Our governor had the National Guard disburse medical supplies out to healthcare facilities. The plans are in place to set up emergency facilities if or when they're needed. Most places I've been to (a handful) have been abiding by the distancing rules. The state has been transparent that they're monitoring the shelter in place order by using cell phone GPS data. Not surprising.

I do have a question for you all: Are the TV weathercasters on your local stations doing their forecasts from their homes? Every station in the metro Twin Cities are doing that. Yet the news anchors and sports people are on set (distanced, but present). This is so odd.
Go to Top of Page

tcam

USA

Posted - 03/31/2020 :  11:17:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Ted the weather guys on our boad cast channels in Albany are all doing the weather from home also. We in upstate at least in our county so far have only a few cases that we know about but testing is not being done at the rate it is downstate or in the city hopefully it will stay down there in NYC. I am staying home which is making me nuts fielding phone calls from customers and using teamviewer to order parts for them. We also are considered a essential business so are open and delivering parts.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales. © 2000-20 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000