JSS Software:Diecast Forum

“A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.”

-William Shakespeare

Visit Automodello.

The PhillyMint

Diecasm

Legal Disclaimer:

You must be 18 years old to post on our boards as per our registration requirement. All data posted on this site must be "Original and non defamatory". JSS is not responsible for the accuracy of any information which gets posted to our forums. Please view our Forum Guidelines before posting.

Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 JSS Forums
 1:24th Die Cast Forum
 Well, I watched for 2- 3 years for this ...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Billy Collins

USA

Posted - 08/09/2020 :  17:07:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
... particular color-combo - and - I waited an extra day to see if others would show up on ebay. Now, there are 5 - 6 of them... go figure.

I've already got '3' JADA '56 Bel Air hardtops and liked this color-combo when I saw it several years ago; but, waited for one that wasn't beat-up.
I've been pretty happy with the JADA '56 ... for the price.
... except for these silly wheels / tires.
I paid $29.95 for the one I bought on Friday. Check the price on 'this' one. Oh, well. LOL!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-24th-Jada-Big-time-Muscle-1956-Chevy-Bel-Air-Black-And-Red/373143260345?epid=8040087529&hash=item56e1124cb9:g:Fc4AAOSwFKlfMFXB

Myron

USA

Posted - 08/09/2020 :  19:39:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey you only live once!
Go to Top of Page

Chav

USA

Posted - 08/10/2020 :  01:00:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The price is not final, there are 5 watchers and 6 days to go ...

Edited by - Chav on 08/10/2020 01:01:23
Go to Top of Page

Evan M

USA

Posted - 08/10/2020 :  07:24:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can probably change out the wheels & tires. Go for it.
Go to Top of Page

tcam

USA

Posted - 08/10/2020 :  08:13:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL I hear ya Billy that always seems to happen to me also. But Chav is right it still has days to go so time will tell.
Go to Top of Page

Gene

USA

Posted - 08/10/2020 :  09:03:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, I switched the wheels and tires to stock versions on a JADA '60 because I liked the color.
Go to Top of Page

Billy Collins

USA

Posted - 08/10/2020 :  17:06:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gene, I've got a M2 '57 Bel Air 'parts car' with stock hubcaps + WWWs..
Will they swap onto this JADA?

quote:
Originally posted by Gene

Yep, I switched the wheels and tires to stock versions on a JADA '60 because I liked the color.

Go to Top of Page

Gene

USA

Posted - 08/10/2020 :  18:36:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Billy, the M2 cars have the wheels the have center mounting screws that screw into the axles like DM/FM models. JADA models just have straight metal axles that the wheels are pressed onto like your various Welly and Motormax models. I had switched mine out from a scrap JADA '60 Impala I had. This one had those big wheels and rubber band tires on it, hence the DUB decal in the back window. These generally have 2 sets of holes, one above the other, depending on the application for lowrider or stock. I moved the axles to the lower holes to get the stock ride ht.

Edited by - Gene on 08/10/2020 18:38:22
Go to Top of Page

Billy Collins

USA

Posted - 08/11/2020 :  07:59:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gene, thanks for the feedback. That's good information for 'all of us' to know. My eyes and hands won't let me work with the really tiny parts anymore; but, I'll give the wheel sway a shot. It'll probably be a winter-time project anyway.

I've also got one of those JADA '60s... mine is white over dark blue... with those silly wheels / tires too. Sometimes JADA came out with versions where the tire wasn't a 'rubber-band' - it had more side-wall - and the car didn't look so goofy... but, those are rare. I really try to get the WWWs when I can.
Go to Top of Page

cuda70

USA

Posted - 08/11/2020 :  15:28:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Car body looks great and color is fantastic But I dont like the wheels and tires but that's just me
Go to Top of Page

Chav

USA

Posted - 08/15/2020 :  14:09:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Billy, I keep following the auction ... and just noticed that the hardtop is detached from the back side, look at the gap between the top and the body that is visible on the passenger side. If yours is good, an this one has issues, $10 difference will make them equal. Hopefully that helps.

Also the 3rd picture clearly shows that the top is out of the bay and detached. The seller doesn't mentioned in the description but focusing on that detail on the 3rd picture. I think that is a classic "don't mention it but show it on pics" technique that allows sellers to say later "I didn't see it but it is visible on the pictures so it is buyers fault". Mentioning it in the description guarantees lower price. Technically the model may still be new, perhaps the top detached in shipping ...

Edited by - Chav on 08/15/2020 14:18:12
Go to Top of Page

cuda70

USA

Posted - 08/15/2020 :  15:11:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow i missed that shows up very clear in the 1st photo
quote:
Originally posted by Chav

Billy, I keep following the auction ... and just noticed that the hardtop is detached from the back side, look at the gap between the top and the body that is visible on the passenger side. If yours is good, an this one has issues, $10 difference will make them equal. Hopefully that helps.

Also the 3rd picture clearly shows that the top is out of the bay and detached. The seller doesn't mentioned in the description but focusing on that detail on the 3rd picture. I think that is a classic "don't mention it but show it on pics" technique that allows sellers to say later "I didn't see it but it is visible on the pictures so it is buyers fault". Mentioning it in the description guarantees lower price. Technically the model may still be new, perhaps the top detached in shipping ...

Go to Top of Page

Billy Collins

USA

Posted - 08/16/2020 :  12:46:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice catch Chav, I noticed that a couple of days ago too. 'Mine' arrived last Thursday and the gap under that back window trim isn't quite as bad as seen in the photos of this other one that I posted.
Actually my other '3' JADA '56 Bel Air hardtops have minor issues in that area as well. Even the Mints have had issues 'there' from time to time. It doesn't take much to twist that hardtop out of shape and we've ALL seen convertible tops that were twisted too. Hopefully a little 'heat' and 'manual adjustment' can make it look a little better.

quote:
Originally posted by Chav

Go to Top of Page

Billy Collins

USA

Posted - 09/10/2020 :  14:52:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After waiting a couple years to find a JADA '56 Bel Air / black + red...
I got mine a month ago.

Now, there must be at least 2 dozen '56s on ebay in that color-combo.
Go figure.

* I waited for one in good sharp in its' original box.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales. © 2000-20 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000