JSS Software:Diecast Forum

“A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.”

-William Shakespeare

Visit Automodello.

The PhillyMint

Diecasm

Legal Disclaimer:

You must be 18 years old to post on our boards as per our registration requirement. All data posted on this site must be "Original and non defamatory". JSS is not responsible for the accuracy of any information which gets posted to our forums. Please view our Forum Guidelines before posting.

Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 JSS Forums
 Corner Bar
 What is wrong with society today?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Myron

USA

Posted - 09/24/2020 :  10:12:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I honestly can't answer that but I can tell you as an old man who was taught to respect people and their property this isn't setting well with me. Just today as I sat on my couch drinking my morning coffee a car backed into our neighbors driveway halfway, they live directly across from me. They sat there for about thirty seconds then pulled into the middle of my front yard. WTF! Those of you that have been to paradise know our property is pristine; it's beautiful. What would make someone think it is OK to do this. I'll tell you who but I would be tarred and feathered if I did. And yes I went out and confronted them over this action, words were shared and then they left. Who taught them this was OK, maybe they think they are privileged to do whatever they want; they're entitled. Well here is a News Flash... not here you're not; you treat me with respect, I treat you the same way.

If you broke down in front of my house I would help you anyway possible regardless of who you are but to think you are entitled to my car or anything else is not acceptable. And this is what is wrong with our country today. Enough already!!!!!!

Edited by - Myron on 09/24/2020 10:12:48

Skylark

USA

Posted - 09/24/2020 :  15:11:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What reason did they give for driving on your yard?

Did you report the license number to police? I would, so they are on notice and in their records.

I did neighborhood watch patrolling in Michigan; and was coordinator for my area. Police there wanted us to report everything.

Edited by - Skylark on 09/24/2020 15:14:36
Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 09/24/2020 :  15:58:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No reason Bill, just that they could I guess? Look I get along with the neighbor's but the one across the street is nuts. And so are the people that go there, personally I think they may be doing something that they shouldn't be doing. Lots of cars showing up lately...
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 09/24/2020 :  19:20:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's the sort of thing our police wanted to hear. They know how to monitor, if they know where. We didn't have to accuse, just say what we noticed and where.

We had a sudden decline in our neighborhood.... good residents leaving in a wave of retirements and buyouts from automotive jobs, etc. being replaced by whoever would give the realtors their price. The problem was magnified by the landlord of the largest apartment complex in the area taking Section 8 people to fill vacancies in his 1000 unit luxury apartments. Bottom line, we got local government involved due to the expected decline of taxable real estate if they didn't do something, and it was found we were in the center of multiple drug distributors, hundreds of people were evicted from rental housing (because the State found fraud involved in the local Section 8 program paying luxury apartment rates for people on welfare), and the landlord was taken to court and forced to sell his apartment complex or face further punishment for his involvement in the fraud by the Judge.

I stayed throughout all that, and we got it all cleaned up.... it's still good 20 years later, but we had to make a lot of 911 calls to get things started.

Bigger deal than your situation, but I still recommend you make a report of the incident and what you've noticed over there.
Go to Top of Page

FenderMender

USA

Posted - 09/26/2020 :  16:30:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wholeheartedly agree that the police should be notified as soon as possible because a situation existed immediately across the street from my residence and had this not been reported at all, I am sure the problem would still be on-going. The house across the street was rented by a supposedly professional woman who brought into the scene her 30 year old, worthless son who was a drug pusher and addict. Traffic was constant and heavy. I reported to the police possible illegal drug activity the very first time I saw suspected movements of people in and out of the house and vehicles arriving and leaving in minutes. To gain the required evidence to initiate an arrest, it took the police months. After one year, the problem was finally solved.
So my suggestion is to inform the police now so that the time required to get the trouble removed is minimized.
Go to Top of Page

Frank Kocour

USA

Posted - 09/27/2020 :  09:36:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately there is always at least one in every neighborhood.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales. © 2000-21 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000