JSS Software:Diecast Forum

“A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.”

-William Shakespeare

Visit Automodello.

The PhillyMint

Diecasm

Legal Disclaimer:

You must be 18 years old to post on our boards as per our registration requirement. All data posted on this site must be "Original and non defamatory". JSS is not responsible for the accuracy of any information which gets posted to our forums. Please view our Forum Guidelines before posting.

Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 JSS Forums
 1:24th Die Cast Forum
 Big news for us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Frank Kocour

USA

Posted - 11/22/2020 :  09:36:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have sold our house! We will be downsizing and moving to an adult community - hopefully Sun City Arizona.

It all happened quickly. Cathy and I have been discussing this for well over a year and decided to bite the bullet a couple of weeks ago. The plan was to try out one of those companys who buy houses. If that didn't work we would go the traditional route with an agent.

We busted our butts cleaning, straightening & landscaping. We had to remove 7 trees and a lot of plants that were damaged from the summer's heat and replace some of them with new flowers/shrubs.

Then we solicited an offer from Open Door. We received a general guestimate within a day and a simultaneous request to meet for a more serious discussion. We liked the pre-offer and decided to pursue them as a buyer.

We were not prepared for the rapidity of the response. They sent an agent out to video our home outside and (because of Covid 19) requested that we make a video with our cell phone of the inside (they walked us through it). In less than a week we had a firm offer with no need to make repairs, a pre-approval letter for our loan and an account set up at a title company - all in-house arms of Open Door. We also will use one of their agents to represent us on the purchase of our new home.

WOW! So far this has been an unbelievably smooth transaction. Much, much different from what we experienced in the past or what our friends have gone through recently. We will close on or before January 19th 2021.

Not exactly looking forward to culling unnecessary stuff that we have collected over the last 20 years, packing and moving. We spent all day yesterday driving around Sun City and will do the same today looking for our new home site.

We are excited!

tcam

USA

Posted - 11/22/2020 :  15:15:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats and good luck Frank!
Go to Top of Page

Steve K

USA

Posted - 11/22/2020 :  15:18:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds great!
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 11/22/2020 :  15:35:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun City is great, but of course you already know that.

If you look around the west side, that was in the area I used to visit.
Not far away from what I think they call a gulch. (the rainy season water runoff)
Go to Top of Page

Billy Collins

USA

Posted - 11/22/2020 :  20:58:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats Frank. I wish you and your wife all the best.

4+ years ago I realized that GODs plan for me was to move BACK to my small , hometown. Not everything went smoothly and it was a ton of work; but, I'm so glad I did it.
Now... I'm '64' and my last move will be to my final resting place... if you know what I mean! UGH! LOL!

I do have one HUGE moving tip for you....
The LAST thing you put on the moving truck is your 'bed'...then, it's the FIRST thing to come off the truck. Set up right-away; then, no matter what else happens the rest of the day.... you've got a place to lay down!
Been there... done 'that'. LOL!
Again... best of luck on your move.
Go to Top of Page

Gene

USA

Posted - 11/23/2020 :  19:46:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats Frank, I pray you and your wife have a safe move. Enjoy, God bless, Geno.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales. © 2000-21 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000