JSS Software:Diecast Forum

“A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.”

-William Shakespeare

Visit Automodello.

The PhillyMint

Diecasm

Legal Disclaimer:

You must be 18 years old to post on our boards as per our registration requirement. All data posted on this site must be "Original and non defamatory". JSS is not responsible for the accuracy of any information which gets posted to our forums. Please view our Forum Guidelines before posting.

Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 JSS Forums
 Corner Bar
 The woke snowflake generation... Lord Help Us
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Myron

USA

Posted - 12/18/2020 :  07:53:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am sitting in my office starring out the window as my twenty something neighbor is getting reading to leave for work. He drives a big box truck for National HME which supplies beds etc for nursing homes and hospitals.

Yesterday after the snow ended I cleared my driveway etc of snow. My neighbor chose to stay in the house so his driveway is filled with frozen snow and ice and the snow plow added more of it to the end of the driveway too. Did my neighbor shovel anything? Hell no. So now he is going to attempt to back out of his frozen driveway which has about thirty inches deep of snow and ice on the end of it.

Two years ago he did the same thing and burnt up a tranny on his truck. I am going to assume the same is going to happen today. He just cleaned his windshield with a shovel and tore off both wipers. This is our future people, these are the people that want all the free stuff, the entitled group. The group that makes me sick to my stomach.

Yes they saw me out there clearing our driveway and hoped I would clear their driveway too. Not going to happen... not now, not ever. I learned a lot this pass year, I am a changed person now. I guess you can say I am woke now too.

Rose get the popcorn; this is going to be good.

Evan M

USA

Posted - 12/18/2020 :  11:55:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have two neighbors just like that. One of them had the balls to try to park in my driveway, I can't clean it myself any more so I get someone to do it, he found out right quick that he wasn't going to park there.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Nist

USA

Posted - 12/18/2020 :  16:37:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe a writer for a TV show can use that in a future episode of something.
Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 12/19/2020 :  08:01:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok they finally realized the only way to get out was with a shovel. So outside they were in their flip flops, tie died tops moving frozen ice to get their vehicles out but only after an hour of smoking the tires. What can I say... assholes!
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 12/19/2020 :  13:09:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it a Company vehicle or personal one?
Go to Top of Page

Gene

USA

Posted - 12/21/2020 :  13:19:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do have a good story for this. I was out shoveling our driveway after a 13" snowfall. I had only made it about 5 feet down the driveway from the garage. The fellow driving the city snowplow saw me when he was coming down the street, he yelled over to me and motioned me out of the way. He pulled up to where I had stopped. Dropped the blade and backed down my driveway clearing it in one swipe. I offered him a $20 bill for his help since it saved my back from a lot of pain later. He wouldn't take it, wished me a Merry Christmas and went on his way. Not many like that anymore.....sadly.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Nist

USA

Posted - 12/21/2020 :  14:11:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are lucky. I am on a dead end street and have only seen a plow on our street a few times in the 25+ years I have lived here. Several years ago after a large snowfall I called to find out when our street would be plowed. The person I spoke to was indignant and told me every street in the county had already been plowed.

quote:
Originally posted by Gene

I do have a good story for this. I was out shoveling our driveway after a 13" snowfall. I had only made it about 5 feet down the driveway from the garage. The fellow driving the city snowplow saw me when he was coming down the street, he yelled over to me and motioned me out of the way. He pulled up to where I had stopped. Dropped the blade and backed down my driveway clearing it in one swipe. I offered him a $20 bill for his help since it saved my back from a lot of pain later. He wouldn't take it, wished me a Merry Christmas and went on his way. Not many like that anymore.....sadly.

Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 12/22/2020 :  09:16:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was a company vehicle Bill, he burnt up one two years ago doing the exact same thing. The girl friend ripped off her rear plastic bumper trying to get out. Again, ASSHOLES...
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 12/22/2020 :  19:28:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it was me, I'd let his company know about his abuse of their equipment.

I certainly appreciated hearing things like that when our family was in business. We made an employee pay for damages once, told him it would be deducted from paycheck....so he quit.
It was good riddance. If we'd have fired him, we would have been on the hook for State unemployment. He did us a favor quitting; he didn't qualify for unemployment on our tab; and the new guy we hired cost us less in repairs.

Edited by - Skylark on 12/22/2020 19:31:51
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales. © 2000-21 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000