JSS Software:Diecast Forum

“A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.”

-William Shakespeare

Visit Automodello.

The PhillyMint

Diecasm

Legal Disclaimer:

You must be 18 years old to post on our boards as per our registration requirement. All data posted on this site must be "Original and non defamatory". JSS is not responsible for the accuracy of any information which gets posted to our forums. Please view our Forum Guidelines before posting.

Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 JSS Forums
 1:24th Die Cast Forum
 Like that first girlfriend who gave you that kiss
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Myron

USA

Posted - 03/02/2021 :  09:35:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you never forgot. what motor vehicle stuck in your brain as the one you still dream about today and why?

For me it is my '67 Corvette, I just loved driving this car top down. The rumble of the side pipes was the best damn music I ever listened too. The way it fit me when I drove it. The one memory I never forgot was coming home from Philly driving up the NE extension, top down, with those side pipes rumbling and Rod Stewart blasting on the radio singing "Maggie May". I owned two more Vette's after this one along with many other muscle cars. But I have to say; she was my first... boy how I miss her.

What say you?

JCarnutz

USA

Posted - 03/02/2021 :  10:20:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never really owned a "Muscle Car" As a young man I was always fascinated by large luxury cars and I owned a bunch of those over the years.
Of the ones I owned, I probably miss two of them the most, I had a '66 Cadillac de Ville Convertible that was a great runner (I also had a '66 Fleetwood at the same time) the other was my '75 Continental Mark IV, also a great cruiser. It was a gem, beautiful condition with low miles, but awful gas mileage. My driving from home to college and to work each day was just about 80 miles a day (lived in Northern Michigan then, everything was a distance) it just got to be too expensive as a daily driver. I used to joke "That it would pass everything but a gas station" Boy I do miss it now though, I always meant to get another one-just never happened.
Go to Top of Page

Billy Collins

USA

Posted - 03/02/2021 :  10:21:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WHEW!!!! ... more memory digging!!! LOL!

My 1st serious girlfriend - and kiss - happened in my '72 Chevy 3/4-ton pickup. She was a pretty thing... sky-blue with all the Cheyenne trim. NOT THE GIRLFRIEND... THE TRUCK! LOL!
Although, the girlfriend was a looker... and a great kisser. At the least the 1st time around. We dated 'twice'. I had the '72 both times. Actually, the '72 worked out better than the girlfriend.

I'd like to find that truck again.
That girlfriend? ... I wish her well. ...'nuf said.
Go to Top of Page

Gene

USA

Posted - 03/02/2021 :  11:29:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still my Uncle Ron's '64 GTO, all black and mean. The first muscle car I ever rode in. I remember the smiles every time he'd get on it. I'd love to have that car now....WOW!!!!
Go to Top of Page

LouBeau

USA

Posted - 03/02/2021 :  11:58:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of all my cars I miss my 83 Thunderbird Turbo. It was red with a 5 speed. I could get 35 mpg with the 4 cylinder turbo. I put over 180,000 miles on that engine before I foolishly traded it in for a troublesome Dodge.
Go to Top of Page

Frank Kocour

USA

Posted - 03/03/2021 :  05:40:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still have good memories of my first car, a '46 Plymouth with a squirt gun paint job, wobbly wheels and a smoking engine (literally). Well, I also miss the sectioned '49 Ford powered by a 3/4 race flathead. I will never forget my Mitusbishi Starion with an intercooler and a modified chip that I installed. Have to include that gorgeous '53 Merc Monterey hardtop (that's the car where I got my first "kiss" in the back seat). Oh! And how I loved my '53 Plymouth Belevedere hardtop. Gees I often think about the restored '88 Bronco that had a $5,000 paint job on it (put on by the previous owner). Also wish I still had the '55 Crown Victoria.

It's useless for me to choose one car. I fell/fall in love with all of them for one reason or another. I've owned my current vehicle, a 2004 (bought new in 2003) Expedition and love it as much today as I did when I bought it.

Now if you want to talk girlfriends . . .
Go to Top of Page

Evan M

USA

Posted - 03/03/2021 :  06:14:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My 1949 Chevrolet that I put a Jimmie engine in, that thing almost had wings, it tore up the strip in the "Run what you burng class at the local strip, great memories.
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 03/03/2021 :  06:53:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably would be the '66 Buick Skylark I drove when I attended college. On my own for the first time, just a great period of my life.

Now if I expand "vehicle" to include trucks, that would be the '56 Chevy single axle tractor my Dad used in our business for decades, before legal loads got heavier and we needed bigger tandem axle trucks. I rode along with him in that '56 truck for many many miles.

Edited by - Skylark on 03/03/2021 18:25:31
Go to Top of Page

Tom Weinberg

USA

Posted - 03/03/2021 :  07:54:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That would be my '69 Chevelle SS396 convertible, with 350 h.p., a 4 speed stick, etc. We modified it with a high rise intake manifold, a 728 Holley carb, headers (a big mistake), etc. However, I still miss my first new car, a '64 Chevy II 100 2 door post. It had a radio deleted, rubber mats instead of rugs, three on the tree, and a 283. It was a real sleeper.
Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 03/03/2021 :  07:56:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good stories guys keep them coming.
Go to Top of Page

chuck kramer

USA

Posted - 03/03/2021 :  08:35:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My 2nd used car was a 1956 Buick Special 4dr Hrtp. Wht/Coral/Wht.
Go to Top of Page

2bubbas

USA

Posted - 03/03/2021 :  12:04:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1st cousin worked for the Army Corp of Engineers- they were doing a job in our town and he stayed with us- he had a new '56 Chevrolet- Dark Blue hard top mild custom- I was 11- think of that car often-
Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 03/03/2021 :  16:04:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob, I got a little worried when I read 1st cousin. Whew... Evan I see a dark side to you, I like it....
Go to Top of Page

tcam

USA

Posted - 03/03/2021 :  16:36:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have three that I really liked my 57 Olds S-88 Ht, my 58 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible and my 61 Pontiac Catalina Convertible of the 3 the 61 would win as my top love. Girls there were a few that went with each car. But my 68 GTO which would be my fourth favorite was what I drove when I was dating my wife so I have to be careful about her looking over my shoulder lol!
Go to Top of Page

krenton88

USA

Posted - 03/03/2021 :  18:15:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
where are the GIRLFRIEND pictures???

Go to Top of Page

Rich

USA

Posted - 03/03/2021 :  20:38:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried to narrow it down as best I could. 1967 Dodge Coronet R/T. Was waiting for me when I got home from Nam. 1939 Dodge coupe that I did a partial restoration on. 1929 Ford coupe hi boy hot rod with a Mustang 289. 1955 Chevy Bel Air 2 door post with a 413 cube Buick nailhead. 1957 Chevy step side 4x4 with hopped up 350.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales. © 2000-21 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000