JSS Software:Diecast Forum

“A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.”

-William Shakespeare

Visit Automodello.

The PhillyMint

Diecasm

Legal Disclaimer:

You must be 18 years old to post on our boards as per our registration requirement. All data posted on this site must be "Original and non defamatory". JSS is not responsible for the accuracy of any information which gets posted to our forums. Please view our Forum Guidelines before posting.

Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 JSS Forums
 1:24th Die Cast Forum
 Windows10... 'this' mid-day...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Billy Collins

USA

Posted - 03/31/2020 :  07:54:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My new Windows10 pc-tower + 24-inch screen are suppose to show up around 10:30 - 11:00am.

My old Windows7 has run pretty well for '8 years'.
I hope MS got 'Edge' running OK by now. Oh... I'll probably be on Firefox anyway... what was I thinking! LOL!

Wish me luck.
KNOCK WOOD.

Frank Kocour

USA

Posted - 03/31/2020 :  09:39:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck, Billy. Let us know if your programs/hard accessories work with the new computer.
Go to Top of Page

tcam

USA

Posted - 03/31/2020 :  10:27:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck Billy.
Go to Top of Page

Mark S

USA

Posted - 03/31/2020 :  12:33:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Forget about using Edge - it's a HUGE memory hog. I couldn't even use my pc with it. Now on Chrome.
Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 03/31/2020 :  12:34:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Billy MAKE SURE you create the Recovery and Repair drive once you get it up and running. 16 GB Flash Drive.
Go to Top of Page

kosh2258

USA

Posted - 03/31/2020 :  12:46:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Myron

Billy MAKE SURE you create the Recovery and Repair drive once you get it up and running. 16 GB Flash Drive.

Definitely.
Go to Top of Page

cuda70

USA

Posted - 03/31/2020 :  13:21:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best of luck I got rid of Edge far too many problems I am running Firefox
Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 03/31/2020 :  14:38:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark the trouble with Chrome it tracks the **** out of you. But it is better than Edge. Whatever Pops your cork!
Go to Top of Page

Mark S

USA

Posted - 03/31/2020 :  15:44:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Mark the trouble with Chrome it tracks the **** out of you. But it is better than Edge. Whatever Pops your cork!

Yeah, that's an issue. I was using Firefox but started having all kinds of problems with it so gave up. Chrome rarely gives me problems, which makes me happy.
Go to Top of Page

Billy Collins

USA

Posted - 03/31/2020 :  19:41:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well...I'm set up basically. Lots of things to iron out and adjust.
I'll have to try 'Edge' a little... and I do not like 'Chrome' anyway.

My old Windows7 was comfortable.
So...I've got to be slow and steady while getting used to Windows10.

Myron, where's the best online tutorial for Windows10?
This thing does have some different 'bells and whisles'.

I'll get there.
Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 03/31/2020 :  19:45:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Billy, if you have any questions email or call me. I will help you out.

Mark what kind of problems did you experience with Firefox?

Edited by - Myron on 04/01/2020 05:28:40
Go to Top of Page

Evan M

USA

Posted - 04/01/2020 :  05:19:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Billy, I switched over in December with no problems.
Go to Top of Page

Billy Collins

USA

Posted - 04/01/2020 :  08:22:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Billy, if you have any questions email or call me. I will help you out.

Mark what kind of problems did you experience with Firefox?

Myron, if 'm still lost on something in a week or so - I'll send you an email or call. Thanks for leaving the door open.
Go to Top of Page

JCarnutz

USA

Posted - 04/01/2020 :  08:37:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats on the new computer and welcome to Windows 10, LOL! I have no problems with Edge, but I run Firefox as well. Good luck as you learn and move forward.
Go to Top of Page

kosh2258

USA

Posted - 04/01/2020 :  13:28:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The previous version of Edge was a non-starter. Microsoft has released a new version that is based on the same platform as Chrome. It works about the same as Chrome now with somewhat better integration to Windows. However, it boils down to who you want tracking you: Google or Microsoft. Firefox is the least "nosey" of the three.
Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 04/01/2020 :  13:32:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One suggestion I will give you only if you have more than one printer and it is this: set the one you use the most as the default. FYI, Windows will complain when you do this; it wants to manage the printers. Lets say you used a label printer to print out some labels for example, now you want to print out a letter, Windows may assume because you just did a label that is the printer you want to use so it will print to your label printer using all your labels before you realize what the hell is going on.
Go to Top of Page

Billy Collins

USA

Posted - 04/01/2020 :  15:05:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kosh2258

The previous version of Edge was a non-starter. Microsoft has released a new version that is based on the same platform as Chrome. It works about the same as Chrome now with somewhat better integration to Windows. However, it boils down to who you want tracking you: Google or Microsoft. Firefox is the least "nosey" of the three.

Ted, if I'd heard that news about how Edge is using the Chrome platform - I'd forgotten it. So, when I go into Edge > Google - and don't use Chrome... Edge is still tracking me?!
As a matter of fact - like Myron - I also made a habit several years ago of deleting tracking cookies on a regular basis to help keep my machine running better AND foil nosey websites 'as best as I can'.... i.e. - Facebook.
I've found where I can delete Windows10 cookies; but, it only gives me the option of deleting 'cookies and SAVED WEBSITE DATA'. There's no option for deleting cookies 'only'. Not sure why they're paired this way.

To Myron's comment... I remember Windows95, -98 or -Professional... giving me the option of picking the printer I wanted to use.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales. © 2000-20 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000