JSS Software:Diecast Forum

You found the best diecast forum on the internet, and it is best viewed with IE 8 or greater.

Visit Automodello.

The PhillyMint

Shambles Models

ACME Trading Company.

Diecasm

Visit Judee Collectibiles.

Legal Disclaimer:

You must be 18 years old to post on our boards as per our registration requirement. All data posted on this site must be "Original and non defamatory". JSS is not responsible for the accuracy of any information which gets posted to our forums. Please view our Forum Guidelines before posting.

Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 JSS Forums
 1:24th Die Cast Forum
 PICS - THU - Car Of The Day
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chveguy

USA

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  09:43:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

1963 Ford Galaxie XL 352CI FE V8 4SPD Convertible

First test using my new Photoshop 2018 residing and color/lighting editing. Also
first test using a document from my new Word 2016. Iím still in the learning
process for both and other things so have to go slow and watch what Iím doing.

tcam

USA

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  10:10:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah Larrys back looks like their coming out pretty nice good looking Galaxie convert in my opinion
Go to Top of Page

Gene

USA

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  10:38:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man, that is one sweet ride. Would have looked great in 1/24.
Go to Top of Page

JCarnutz

USA

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  10:52:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome back Larry. That is a beauty!
Go to Top of Page

chveguy

USA

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  11:00:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is just the first test.

I really don't like the way Word 2016 operates. It's really complicated to work with and figure out how it operates since there is no instructions that I can find to tell you how to do things. And there is too much added junk loaded in and showing that I have no idea what it is for nor do I care. It took me a while to figure out how to do things like my old document software worked. It doesn't function like the old one did. Gone are the days when things like this was simple and easy to operate. Guess I'm stuck with Word 2016 now. Don't know if the new expensive Office software works the same for its documents since Word is included in Office.

As for my new Photoshop 2018 I like it so far. I can resize photos by pixels again like before. I am also using their photo editor for color and lighting now that my old 10 year old Canon photo editor that I have been using all along that came with my 10 year old camera doesn't work properly now. So I guess I'll stick with Photoshop 2018.

For most everything else there seems to always be some little twirk that I have to figure out. Because of stuff like that and some new software I have to go slow and watch what I'm doing. I can't seem to get my speed up because of all this. Hope it gets better later on.

I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Edited by - chveguy on 02/15/2018 11:23:26
Go to Top of Page

Billy Collins

USA

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  11:14:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome back Larry.
Great looking Galaxie.
Go to Top of Page

jimmcdonald

USA

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  11:42:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful car. I did notice that it appears to be a 390 though, which would have been my preference.
Go to Top of Page

Evan M

USA

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  12:06:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to see yoy posting again Larry, a great looking comeback.
Go to Top of Page

jsg1402

USA

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  12:19:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a great car. My Dad bought one of these new in 63, it's the first car I really remember since I was 6 years old at the time. It was a white 2dr hardtop with red interior, don't remember the engine size in it other than it was a V8. I'd love to have that car today.

Welcome back Larry, pictures look great as usual.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Nist

USA

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  12:59:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would have been nice if DM did this one. I like the 4 speed.
Go to Top of Page

leester

USA

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  13:42:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stunning ride. Great pictures.
Welcome back Larry,
Cheers.
Go to Top of Page

djtusn3950

USA

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  13:53:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Nist

It would have been nice if DM did this one. I like the 4 speed.

Again, another reminder of the past when you could order any car any way you wanted it. As for the 35 2 and 390, they were both dogs as far as performance.
Go to Top of Page

Len1958

USA

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  16:29:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful car. Glad to see your "Car of the Day" is back, I really missed your posts.
Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  18:02:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love it, I tried buying one of these back in the day just couldn't find the one that rang my bell.
Go to Top of Page

Steve K

USA

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  19:34:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great comeback , Larry !!!
Go to Top of Page

Richard

USA

Posted - 02/15/2018 :  21:55:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Larry,

With respect, if I may offer some small bit of advice on lighting, I've noticed in the past that your adjusted photos seem to come off as too "hot" on the screens I use to view them. A recent bright green car you posted comes to mind. I can't recall which, but I happened to be familiar with the original photo and the one you had adjusted came out as a glaring neon version. I think it might possibly be that your own screen brightness settings are not quite correct, but that's just a guess. I understand your wanting to brighten them up a bit, but often, it results in a harsher effect than I believe you might intend. Again, I'm wondering if the settings on your own screen might be a little dimmer than most defaults. In any event, as a professional artist, I use Photoshop and other imaging programs on a daily basis, and I've found that sometimes, using the "auto contrast," and "auto color" features and then adjusting the brightness about 20% usually does a very good job of getting the light right, without making the brightness too harsh on the eyes. I'm not sure if the version you are using has these specific features, but there's usually an auto setting in most imaging programs, and you can always tweak a bit after it's been set. Just a thought, and hopefully, it'll help.

I appreciate all the time you put into these. I hope my little critique is helpful to you. Thanks, and good luck!

Best,
Rich
Go to Top of Page

Tom Weinberg

USA

Posted - 02/16/2018 :  08:00:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love those '60s Galaxies. Too bad that we never got a full size '60s Ford, except for the '61 FM station wagon.
Go to Top of Page

cuda70

USA

Posted - 02/20/2018 :  16:42:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice to see you back Great car to start with
Go to Top of Page

Frank Kocour

USA

Posted - 02/21/2018 :  05:43:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful car.

Larry - you might try downloading Apache Open Office. It's a free program that mimics Microsoft Office. It's surprisingly complete and full of features.

https://www.google.com/search?q=apache+office&oq=apache+office&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.2990j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales. © 2000-18 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000