JSS Software:Diecast Forum

You found the best diecast forum on the internet, and it is best viewed with IE 8 or greater.

Visit Automodello.

The PhillyMint

Shambles Models

ACME Trading Company.

Diecasm

Visit Judee Collectibiles.

Legal Disclaimer:

You must be 18 years old to post on our boards as per our registration requirement. All data posted on this site must be "Original and non defamatory". JSS is not responsible for the accuracy of any information which gets posted to our forums. Please view our Forum Guidelines before posting.

Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 JSS Forums
 Corner Bar
 Proud Grandpop...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Myron

USA

Posted - 09/03/2018 :  12:33:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday (Sept 1.) our grandson called informing us he had a Cross Country Meet, and asked if we could be there to cheer him on? I haven't been feeling good (barely can walk) let alone drive 70 plus miles to the meet but this is the little guy that grew up with me, he is my buddy and he admires me for who I am so I said to Rose we're going.

Left here it was cloudy, rainy and cold but 70 miles south east it was very hot and humid, I was way over dressed for the event and having to walk a half mile to the track I thought I was going to die. LOL! But I got there; my medical condition is flaring up and walking isn't an easy task, but I was a soldier once so I marched on.

That little boy that I held in my arms seven short years ago is now a fine young man who follows in his mothers foot steps, our daughter is a marathon runner and that is what Drew wants to do too.

For this event there were around one hundred kids registered in his class, these kids(Boy class) will run 1/2 mile, in what seemed to be 90 degree heat. I know I would have had a hard time doing it even if I could run.

Drew sucked it up and ran a half mile in 3 minutes and 40 seconds, God bless him, and God bless all those young kids; none of them quit. I was so proud of all of them even the last boy that could barely make it but he did. I truly enjoyed the entire event and was proud to see all those kids do it. As the age groups moved up so did their distances, it was great to watch.

Congratulations Drew! You made your Poppy and Grammy proud...

Drew is in the green shirt.

Only top 25 received medals, and that is why I was so proud of that last boy to cross the line; he didn't have to other than the satisfaction that he did it. Congratulations to that child too.

Edited by - Myron on 09/03/2018 12:38:05

Frank Kocour

USA

Posted - 09/04/2018 :  11:24:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are a good grandpop.
Go to Top of Page

jimmcdonald

USA

Posted - 09/04/2018 :  12:11:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome.
Go to Top of Page

Steve K

USA

Posted - 09/04/2018 :  16:56:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Proud Poppy indeed !
Go to Top of Page

Evan M

USA

Posted - 09/05/2018 :  05:11:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is very nice, I know the feeling, i will do almost anything that my grand kids ask of me also.
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 09/07/2018 :  18:36:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Usually I just check the 1:24 board; glad I dropped in and saw this thread, Myron.

I remember some of those pics of him you posted when he was smaller.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales. © 2000-18 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000