JSS Software:Diecast Forum

“A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.”

-William Shakespeare

Visit Automodello.

The PhillyMint

Diecasm

Legal Disclaimer:

You must be 18 years old to post on our boards as per our registration requirement. All data posted on this site must be "Original and non defamatory". JSS is not responsible for the accuracy of any information which gets posted to our forums. Please view our Forum Guidelines before posting.

Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 JSS Forums
 1:24th Die Cast Forum
 Ottawa lockdown
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

abaucom21

Canada

Posted - 04/02/2020 :  20:36:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here in Ottawa, Canada's capital city, we have been locked down for three weeks. That is good but virus continues to spread.
Lockdown expected for another 30-60 days. I am looking at YouTube to find ways to cut my hair. Three vodka tonics, scissors, and YouTub, not successful.
It is unusual times, keep your sense of humor, we are all going to look like long hair hippies in Sept.
When I was putting my 1966 T-Bird conv. in winter storage last fall, alternator crapped out. Mechanics now out of work, doubt I will drive my conv. this year. I live in an urban high-rise, direct view to a major hospital. Few cars on the streets, major activity at the hospital. My issues not important.
Be smart and stay indoors. Canada locked down weeks ago, yet some of the 50 states still not locked down?

cuda70

USA

Posted - 04/02/2020 :  20:59:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chicago looks like the movie The Day the Earth Stood Still All Bars-Restaurants-Parks-Schools shut down Police are enforcing the shelter in place order We have 7895 cases with 157 dead Please take this serious Be safe and stay healthy My prayers go out for one and all
Go to Top of Page

Evan M

USA

Posted - 04/03/2020 :  05:24:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I put myself in lock down because I'm an old man and have a lot of other issues, I've spent more time in the hospital this year than I have at home.
Go to Top of Page

JCarnutz

USA

Posted - 04/03/2020 :  09:27:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Michigan is locked down, at least that what they are calling it. Still lots of people out and about. I am still working, essential business, so I see people everyday that are bored being at home, came out to buy a few things. The lockdown needs to be more aggressive. We need to be curbside pickup only, no more shoppers allowed inside the store. More enforcement on cars on the road and should be essential travelers only. Michigan's cases keep climbing each day and deaths too. More can be done. This morning, the news said we are still five weeks away from the peak. Yikes!
Go to Top of Page

tcam

USA

Posted - 04/03/2020 :  13:15:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Upstate NY has much fewer cases so far we now have 6 in our county but our governor is sending virus cases to our upstate hospitals from NYC just hope that if/when we need our hospital it won't be full of NYS residents!
Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 04/03/2020 :  15:26:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our County in NE PA (Luzerne) is exploding with COVID 19 cases over 90% from Hazleton PA. We have a town that resembles nothing as it did when I was a kid. We got transients from NY and NJ that are spreading this **** like wild fire. I will Not go out or let anyone in my home. It is really bad here, I don't see it ending anytime soon either. Our daughter is on the front line, God love her. She won't let us go anywhere, not even shopping, her husband is getting all our needs and we appreciate that. Junior is Mr. Mom, watching his three adorable children since his wife works at a Nuclear power plant. He works out in his shop once his wife gets home from work, he has a machine shop too and that is still very busy.

Luzerne County just requested that the National Guard be sent to Hazleton in an attempt to keep the population quarantined. Good luck with that... I hope so or I might not make it to the end of this thing. No Joke.

Guys be safe, be smart.

Edited by - Myron on 04/03/2020 17:14:21
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 04/03/2020 :  18:15:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I noticed the local NAPA store has a sign out front....."Curbside Pick-up"
They're probably considered essential business, but I think it's a good idea to keep people out of the store.
Gotta hope your co-workers have not been exposed, but that's easier to keep under control than having "open door".
I've been down with "something" for 2-3 weeks....no temperature but lots of coughing. I've never had anything last longer than 10-14 days, my whole life. But this keeps hanging on.

Edited by - Skylark on 04/03/2020 18:18:13
Go to Top of Page

Frank Kocour

USA

Posted - 04/04/2020 :  10:01:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You might want to get tested not only for your sake, but for others' also.

quote:
Originally posted by Skylark

I've been down with "something" for 2-3 weeks....no temperature but lots of coughing. I've never had anything last longer than 10-14 days, my whole life. But this keeps hanging on.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales. © 2000-20 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000