JSS Software:Diecast Forum

“A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.”

-William Shakespeare

Visit Automodello.

The PhillyMint

Diecasm

Legal Disclaimer:

You must be 18 years old to post on our boards as per our registration requirement. All data posted on this site must be "Original and non defamatory". JSS is not responsible for the accuracy of any information which gets posted to our forums. Please view our Forum Guidelines before posting.

Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 JSS Forums
 1:24th Die Cast Forum
 Remember the fallen.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gene

USA

Posted - 09/11/2020 :  09:02:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A sad time in our history.

Steve K

USA

Posted - 09/11/2020 :  09:48:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will never forget. I watched it live on TV - the images will never leave my mind!
Go to Top of Page

tcam

USA

Posted - 09/11/2020 :  11:04:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess may God bless them and their families.
Go to Top of Page

kosh2258

USA

Posted - 09/11/2020 :  11:14:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still clearly recall where I was when it happened. We were watching in the conference room when the second plane hit.

Edited by - kosh2258 on 09/11/2020 11:15:26
Go to Top of Page

djtusn3950

USA

Posted - 09/11/2020 :  12:06:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kosh2258

I still clearly recall where I was when it happened. We were watching in the conference room when the second plane hit.

I had just ended my temporary hitch with the Army Corps of Engineers on Friday. And on the following Monday, I was sitting in the offices of the DAV in Buffalo speaking to a counselor who had just turned on the TV so we could see the Tower burning as the other tower was hit. We were immediately ushered out of the building.
Go to Top of Page

Billy Collins

USA

Posted - 09/11/2020 :  14:57:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember those hour's' well on that day.
I was working in the IT-center of the State of Indiana government center. I still get weird 'numb' feeling just thinking about it. To say the entire SOI government center was on pin and needles 'that day' and for a LONG time afterwards would be a huge understatement.

And... it could've been so much worse...i.e. 'Flight 93s sacrifice', the way the towers fell, etc.

I pray that we won't have to go thru something like that again to feel that kind of 'national unity'.

GOD bless.... well, I started to say 'those affected'... but, we were ALL affected.

GOD BLESS AMERICA.
AMEN.
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 09/11/2020 :  15:05:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had only a few days before that spoken to a couple of people who worked in one of the towers. A business call, I do not recall their names, but I still remember the call.

Also, one of my former athletes got a job in NYC after college and I thought she worked in the towers. Turned out that was not the case, she was fine, but her family was shaken up about how close it was to her.

Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 09/11/2020 :  20:10:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was on my way to a doctor's appointment in Allentown PA when our daughter called me all worked up. She in college at the time and was scared as hell. I remember it well. I will never forget.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales. © 2000-20 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000