JSS Software:Diecast Forum

“A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.”

-William Shakespeare

Visit Automodello.

The PhillyMint

Diecasm

Legal Disclaimer:

You must be 18 years old to post on our boards as per our registration requirement. All data posted on this site must be "Original and non defamatory". JSS is not responsible for the accuracy of any information which gets posted to our forums. Please view our Forum Guidelines before posting.

Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 JSS Forums
 Corner Bar
 My Hockey Star!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Myron

USA

Posted - 11/24/2020 :  08:37:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My grandson Drew. I watched this guy from the day he was born until he started school; I was honored to be given that opportunity to do so. Drew is maturing into a fine respectful young man, he makes me very proud to be a part of his life.

Keep up the good work buddy; someday we will read your name on the sports page.

Skylark

USA

Posted - 11/24/2020 :  09:51:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He looks ready to go for a new season.
(Hope they get to play; sports things around here are hit-and-miss right now.)
Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 11/24/2020 :  13:25:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He has been playing; this pic is from last nights practice. No one allowed in but players and they are tested before entering the rink and they must wear mask.

I get to watch Drew live on www.livebarn.com practice and games. Drew is one of the top rated goalies in his age group.

Edited by - Myron on 11/24/2020 13:29:16
Go to Top of Page

Frank Kocour

USA

Posted - 11/25/2020 :  09:55:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is he trying for a scholarship or a career in ice hockey?

My grand daughter is heavy into volleyball and at 5'11" she is making a name for herself with her spike and kill shots. Things are a lot different in high school now than when I or my kids were kids. These days at Ally's age (17) volleyball is treated very much as a pro sport. Games have her traveling all over the U.S. and, of course, my daughter an her husband foot the bill for it all.

She is hoping for a scholarship, but is not supposed to be scouted until her senior year (wink-wink).

We are not allowed to personaly go into the gym, but the games are televised (for a fee, of course).
Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 11/25/2020 :  13:30:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank, Drew is 10, a straight A student and a wonderful boy, very polite and respectful of his elders. Right now hockey teams and coaches are talking to him encouraging him to go further. A semi-pro hockey coach is working with him after he watched him at a game which his parents are paying for of course once a week, the coach is from Philly and drives up to Allentown to work with Drew. He loves the sport and is on the ice a minimum of five days a week. Drew impresses me; he has no fear of that puck coming at him at blinding speeds. I hope he pursues it further, as for right now this is his passion, he has my support.
Go to Top of Page

Gene

USA

Posted - 12/16/2020 :  10:34:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He sounds like a fine young man Myron. You have every right to be proud of him. Sounds like he's got excellent guidance.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales. © 2000-21 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000