JSS Software:Diecast Forum
SiteLock Security

“A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.”

-William Shakespeare

Visit Automodello.

The PhillyMint

Diecasm

Legal Disclaimer:

You must be 18 years old to post on our boards as per our registration requirement. All data posted on this site must be "Original and non defamatory". JSS is not responsible for the accuracy of any information which gets posted to our forums. Please view our Forum Guidelines before posting.

Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 JSS Forums
 1:24th Die Cast Forum
 Hey guys, Just wanted to pop in and say hi.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Doug Ford

USA

Posted - 10/06/2022 :  21:28:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How is everybody doing? How did everybody make out through the pandemic. Personally I had Covid in January 2020 and was in the hospital for a couple of days. Other than that, all quiet on the western front. Not much going on with Model cars.

tcam

USA

Posted - 10/07/2022 :  04:46:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Doug good to hear from you glad all is well. I had Covid in March 2020 was sick as a dog for about a week but managed to stay out of the hospital since then have tested positive twice but both were mild cases. Other then that just rolling with the flow, haven't bought a diecast in along time.
Go to Top of Page

LouBeau

USA

Posted - 10/07/2022 :  07:56:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Doug. Glad to hear all is well. I had covid in May. Kept me down for 2 weeks. All I seem to be collecting now are 1:43 Imperials from GLM.
Go to Top of Page

Gene

USA

Posted - 10/07/2022 :  08:10:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Doug, glad you popped in and that you are doing well. I lucked out, my wife and mother in law had Covid and I took care of them but by the grace of God never ended up with it. I'm still collecting but also got back in to building kits and also modifying diecast. I've got 3 projects going on now lol. Take care and stay in touch. God bless.
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 10/07/2022 :  08:13:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doug, I still haven't got a picture of that Cordoba. Garage it's parked in needs a new roof soon, maybe I'll have a camera handy by then!

March 2020 covid for me, although I seem to be the longest with it here .... start to finish 5 weeks. But I only really felt bad for week 4. No hospital, no trip to doctor, nothing they could do with it anyway really.
Go to Top of Page

Billy Collins

USA

Posted - 10/07/2022 :  09:43:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doug, good to hear from you. Glad things are doing OK for you.

I've spent a big part of my time the past 2+ years taking care of my 90 year old Dad. Not an easy job.
In the meantime, I pulled my quadracep muscle on my left thigh while working in the yard ... back in 'April'. I've found out that I don't heal as fast as I did 30 years ago. I'm '66'. ARGH! LOL!
... but, it's much better.

Stay in touch.
Go to Top of Page

jimmcdonald

USA

Posted - 10/07/2022 :  12:35:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Doug great seeing your post. Caught Covid in Feb 2021, lost the use of my legs. Still trying to recover.
Go to Top of Page

Mark S

USA

Posted - 10/07/2022 :  14:57:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Doug, good to hear from you.
I avoided COVID for 2 1/2 years then went to Prague last month and got it. Went to my lungs immediately but the Paxlovid treatment knocked it right out. I guess it was inevitable. I had 5 vaccines because my immune system is pretty weak.

Edited by - Mark S on 10/07/2022 14:59:10
Go to Top of Page

Doug Ford

USA

Posted - 10/09/2022 :  19:26:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, glad all is well. Great to hear from you.

Recently purchased a couple of 1/18 scale Lincoln mark Vís by MCG. They are curbside models, no opening features, made of diecast. But the attention to detail and the accuracy is absolutely spot on. I purchased the gold model that looks like the 78 diamond jubilee, and a midnight blue and beige model that looks like the 77 Bill Blass. Iím anxiously waiting for them to do the 79 Bill Blass. And yes, I still have the USSBB. Lol.

Edited by - Doug Ford on 10/09/2022 19:28:18
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales. © 2000-22 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000