JSS Software:Diecast Forum

“A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.”

-William Shakespeare

Visit Automodello.

The PhillyMint

Diecasm

Legal Disclaimer:

You must be 18 years old to post on our boards as per our registration requirement. All data posted on this site must be "Original and non defamatory". JSS is not responsible for the accuracy of any information which gets posted to our forums. Please view our Forum Guidelines before posting.

Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 JSS Forums
 1:24th Die Cast Forum
 I am sitting staring out my office window
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Myron

USA

Posted - 02/22/2021 :  10:13:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
at another snow storm or in this case a blizzard. We had a snow on Friday which amounted to 3 inches of plow able snow. And today Rose said we are to get 5 to 8 inches of snow on the ground. I say to all of it "Blank it" I quit. Fire me if you like but I am done. Maybe ole Nancy will include something in her bill to plow me out? I can only hope.. but how much more snow can I take? Help... I am an old man.

Evan M

USA

Posted - 02/22/2021 :  10:55:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know the feeling, we're lucky so far all we've had is rain with more to come today.
Go to Top of Page

krenton88

USA

Posted - 02/22/2021 :  11:36:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it sounds like a wondrous sight to have outside the window.......when we get snow here (SC), you can hardly get your camera out before it begins fading away
Go to Top of Page

Billy Collins

USA

Posted - 02/22/2021 :  12:37:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Myron, how did the Indians do it that lived up that way? ... snow-shoes strapped to their boots?! ... and just walk across the top of the snow?!

We wound up with about a foot of snow on the ground by last Wednesday. This past Saturday we started the goofy 'thaw' - process... upperr-30s over the weekend. Last night a warm front came thru and the temps went UP to '45' BEFORE sunrise; then, started falling again. ?????? Our high-temps are suppose to be near '50' laster this week. Hopefully, some of that is headed your way.
Hang in there.

Hey, maybe Frank can send you some literature on Sun City - West?!
UGH! LOL!
Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 02/22/2021 :  13:14:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My buddy Frank is a PA boy who migrated west. I love the winter, more so when I was younger, if I didn't have to keep the place shoveled it wouldn't be so bad. I have a nice warm home, low heating bills, life is good. But I had enough... if I could make the 9 hour drive to our daughters condo in NC I would be down there sailing with Captain Morgan rather than being here that's for sure.

John the view is beautiful I'll give you that. Hey, I have my packets of seeds on my desk, another couple of weeks the grow lights go on and the summer plants get started. It's comin' but my body can't take much more wrestling with the snow blower my steroid shot from the last storm has worn off and I don't want to go for another so soon.
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 02/22/2021 :  18:22:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know, Myron, I wonder why they haven't invented low-voltage embedded wires in concrete walks, a "defroster" grid like they have inside some homes to warm the floors?

When it snows, you just flick a switch and watch the sidewalks magically melt the snow!

Edited by - Skylark on 02/22/2021 18:28:17
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 02/22/2021 :  18:26:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My sidewalks and driveway are slush today; I think the rain coming will wash the rest away now.

Edited by - Skylark on 02/22/2021 18:26:30
Go to Top of Page

Frank Kocour

USA

Posted - 02/23/2021 :  06:45:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Billy, I've tried to woo Myron over to Arizona - along with others including my relatives in Ohio, my home state. The only thing I hear is that the heat in Arizona is unbearable. The truth is that roots go deep. It's hard to pull up stakes and move a life.

For sure it gets pretty hot in Phoenix during July - mid Sept, but no one wants to believe (and thinks it is a joke) that it's a different kind of heat. It's not the 95+ degree, 75%+ humidity kind of heat. And there are plenty of compensating benefits to cope with it. As one goes to a higher elevation the weather changes - it gets cooler. Up north there are four seasons just like in the midwest/east coast, but not as harsh.

Where can you go skiing in the morning and come back to shirtsleeve weather all in the same day? In Arizona. Where can you escape the heat and sit in one of many tree-shaded vineyards listening to soothing music while doing a wine tasting? In Arizona. Where can you surf the waves? (LOL) - in Arizona. I could go on. It's a different life style that takes getting used to.

Meanwhile, Cathy and I will have our glass(es) of wine on the patio this afternoon, me wearing bermudas, a short sleeved shirt and sun glasses in 75 degree weather.

Don't hate.
Go to Top of Page

Gene

USA

Posted - 02/23/2021 :  07:03:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel for you Myron, I'm tired of shoveling and snow blowing. Our last couple of rounds have been rain also, so it is gradually melting. temps in the mid to upper 40's all week so hopefully this mess will fade away.
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 02/23/2021 :  07:11:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Every time I come out there Frank, I put up with snow going through Flagstaff and down the mountains toward Phoenix. I get to my destination a couple hours later, it's clear and 70 degrees in the morning! Stay a week....I hate to leave!

I agree with you about the heat index...but man wearing tennis shoes on an asphalt parking lot there can fry my toes! lol

The wine sounds good, but it's a little early right now for that here today.

Edited by - Skylark on 02/23/2021 07:18:28
Go to Top of Page

Billy Collins

USA

Posted - 02/23/2021 :  11:51:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Honestly, I blame the weather on the 'wobble'. The Earth does not rotate on a perfect axis... it wobbles slightly. So, the jet-stream doesn't always throw the Artic blasts our way ... sometimes it goes to another part of the world. And global warming has nothing to do with 'that'. I just feel bad for the folks in Texas who aren't used to it. Last week was a tough one for them.

I'm also learning another couple tricks about growing old. Pace myself a little slower and don't be too proud to accept help once in a while. And I believe it's important to keep exercising as much as I can.

P.S. I just heard this morning that Indiana is accepting appointments for covid-19 shots for those 60 and older.
Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 02/23/2021 :  16:51:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, it might have looked pretty in the beginning now I just want it freakin' gone.

This isn't the view from my office window but from Maddy and my chair in our basement. Maddy is my little dog and she wants it freakin' gone too.
Go to Top of Page

krenton88

USA

Posted - 02/23/2021 :  18:49:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks pretty Norman Rockwell-ish to me :-)......My Eskimos give it a 9.3

Go to Top of Page

Evan M

USA

Posted - 02/24/2021 :  05:39:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel for you Myron, I'm so tired of rain, it's been rain almost every other day here.

Go to Top of Page

Evan M

USA

Posted - 02/24/2021 :  05:41:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting pic John. The Eskimos need to cut a hole in the ice or they will never catch anything.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales. © 2000-21 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000