JSS Software:Diecast Forum
SiteLock Security

“A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.”

-William Shakespeare

Visit Automodello.

The PhillyMint

Diecasm

Legal Disclaimer:

You must be 18 years old to post on our boards as per our registration requirement. All data posted on this site must be "Original and non defamatory". JSS is not responsible for the accuracy of any information which gets posted to our forums. Please view our Forum Guidelines before posting.

Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 JSS Forums
 1:24th Die Cast Forum
 A Model Dose... Sunday 1/29/23
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JCarnutz

USA

Posted - 01/29/2023 :  11:49:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I started the journey in Precision Scale models, I had decided to start with models from the 40s & 50s only. Early on I had broken that self-set rule multiple times. This was mainly due to the Franklin Mint stores, seeing some of these older era gems was just too hard to resist. They ultimately found their way home with me. I don't recall when that impossible rule I set was totally abandoned, but it is for sure that I don't follow it anymore in any area of my collection. My passion is cars, and if it has an appeal, I am in.

Now this Packard was one I had viewed a couple of times in photos, but in the beginning, it didn't fit in with my collecting viewpoint. Toward the end of the 90s, I came across a perfect example on the secondary market, and at the time, I was intrigued. The price was just too good to pass up, so I made the purchase, and I can say this was one of the best decisions I made as far as model satisfaction goes. 

This model is from FMs very early days, but OMG it is completely amazing. Each time I view this model, that 1st-time viewing comes racing back. There is so much see with this gem and I can never get enough of it. The model remains on my top-50 favorite list, and I don't expect it will ever drop off. 

1912 Packard Victoria Model 1-48 Tourer - Franklin Mint

Edited by - JCarnutz on 01/29/2023 11:51:49

Gene

USA

Posted - 01/29/2023 :  13:45:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A nice model John, just way out of my collection interest.
Go to Top of Page

Billy Collins

USA

Posted - 01/29/2023 :  16:55:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very sharp / great pics.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Nist

USA

Posted - 01/29/2023 :  21:39:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those pictures really add to how nice that car is.
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 01/30/2023 :  02:54:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is not too early to interest me, although it was offered and gone too early for me to see one to buy at the FM store.
Great photos. Would have loved getting one of them.

Edited by - Skylark on 01/30/2023 02:55:12
Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 01/30/2023 :  09:47:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice but not my cup of tea.
Go to Top of Page

tcam

USA

Posted - 01/30/2023 :  11:08:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice pics John never got this one a little older then what I collect.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales. © 2000-23 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000