JSS Software:Diecast Forum
SiteLock Security

“A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.”

-William Shakespeare

Visit Automodello.

The PhillyMint

Diecasm

Legal Disclaimer:

You must be 18 years old to post on our boards as per our registration requirement. All data posted on this site must be "Original and non defamatory". JSS is not responsible for the accuracy of any information which gets posted to our forums. Please view our Forum Guidelines before posting.

Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 JSS Forums
 1:24th Die Cast Forum
 I'm Still Around...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JCarnutz

USA

Posted - 07/31/2023 :  14:04:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been for the most part, absent from the Forums and just about everywhere else. Very briefly, 'cause I don't want to dwell. 

I was working quite a bit out of town, came home a few weeks ago with another case of Covid. Unlike the 1st time, it hit me very hard. I've recovered mostly, but a few lasting effects remain. I've been trying to get back into the things I love, like my models, but it has been slow going, as the interest isn't quite there. I have been improving with those things as I do post a comment from time to time, and I've even started buying a few models, including the recent Brooklin/hobbyDB Ventura and quite a few from Jack Dodds. It's been difficult to focus and stay that way for a few weeks now. Hopefully, some arriving boxes will perk things up. Maybe a new post or so will come soon as well, I'm sorry for my absence and lack of interest. I've been around here so long; I'd never have thought it possible to lose the desire to visit every day.

I went back to work for a few days last week and again this week, it won't be until the 15th I return full-time, but I'm home bound for the rest of year at least. 

I hope everyone else is well and all things are good for you. I am looking forward to getting back to normal, whatever that is, LOL!

Billy Collins

USA

Posted - 07/31/2023 :  15:53:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First of all, glad that you're well enough to respond to our inquiry.
Secondly, we're 'all' sorry to hear you had another go-round with Covid. That can be very tough on some folks.
You take care and 'pace yourself' while you're on the come-back trail.
Chime in and touch base whenever you feel up to it.

Prayers sent.
Go to Top of Page

Gene

USA

Posted - 07/31/2023 :  16:56:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers for you John, do what you need to get better. The rest will sort itself out. God bless, Geno.
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 07/31/2023 :  17:51:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think we all sympathize with the lowered interest while you work through that illness.

It was 5 weeks for me when I got it in 2020, and all I got done was eat (very little) and sleep (very little).

To give you a bit of upbeat, John, I'll say that suddenly one day at the end of week 4, I woke up feeling noticeably better than the day before, and one week after that it was gone completely.

Edited by - Skylark on 07/31/2023 17:53:09
Go to Top of Page

tcam

USA

Posted - 08/01/2023 :  11:25:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to hear from you John prayers sent for a complete recovery from your problems. I know when I had covid I was
down and out for a few weeks still haven't gotten my smell back totally take care of yourself.

Edited by - tcam on 08/01/2023 11:33:11
Go to Top of Page

Steve K

USA

Posted - 08/01/2023 :  16:19:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hang in there, buddy.
Go to Top of Page

jms601

USA

Posted - 08/01/2023 :  21:54:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope you are feeling much better soon. Had my episode with it last October. Fortunately not too bad. Get some more models to make you smile.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales. © 2000-23 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000