JSS Software:Diecast Forum
SiteLock Security

“A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.”

-William Shakespeare

Visit Automodello.

The PhillyMint

Diecasm

Legal Disclaimer:

You must be 18 years old to post on our boards as per our registration requirement. All data posted on this site must be "Original and non defamatory". JSS is not responsible for the accuracy of any information which gets posted to our forums. Please view our Forum Guidelines before posting.

Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 JSS Forums
 Corner Bar
 Challenger assembly
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kosh2258

USA

Posted - 12/30/2022 :  08:21:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since the Challenger, Charger, and 300 are making a final bow in 2023 here’s a YouTube of the Brampton assembly line. There’s a section showing assembly of the Pentastar V6, which isn’t done in Brampton. The transmission section is for a front wheel drive application, not the ZF based Torqueflite RWD.

I was a bit disappointed at how dated the assembly line looked but considering how old the LX cars are it makes sense.

Video is no longer available on YouTube.

Edited by - kosh2258 on 09/15/2023 07:38:17

Skylark

USA

Posted - 12/30/2022 :  14:03:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was an interesting walk-through.
If I didn't work at Ford for so long, I'd consider getting the Challenger or 300 before they are gone.
lol, I almost got a used lime green Challenger V6 a couple years back ... but the dealer wanted MORE than the price of a new one, because he couldn't get new cars at the time.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Nist

USA

Posted - 12/30/2022 :  21:32:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What amazes me the most about the entire process is someone had to design and program the robots. The technology in them is mind boggling.
Go to Top of Page

kosh2258

USA

Posted - 12/31/2022 :  21:51:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's a lot of these types of videos on YouTube. Just search the vehicle name and the word assembly line. It's interesting to compare the process between manufacturers and the changes and improvements over time. There used to be one for the last version of the Chrysler 200 where they had the camera attached to the body as it went through the pre-paint wash process. That plant had a very state of the art assembly line. Too bad the car didn't catch on and went out of production within a few years. The videos are still on YouTube. If you like seeing robots working this one will amaze you:

Edited by - kosh2258 on 09/15/2023 07:37:07
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 01/01/2023 :  14:43:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 200 really didn't get a true chance for that last version to catch on, Ted.
Sergio Marchionne didn't give it a chance, made a decision soon after he took over Fiat-Chrysler to discontinue the car, that had just been redesigned on a whole new Fiat-based platform. He cancelled it after only running production of the brand new design for 4 months or so. His decision was to exit all passenger cars and just sell Jeeps, trucks and SUV's. What a waste of money that decision was, but Marchionne I think was a little bit crazy and nobody on the Board of Directors would stand up to him. Somehow the V8 survived, but I think he just didn't have time to organize a replacement. He made headlines for "turnaround" profitability, but it was not ever going to be sustainable. He did it by wielding his ax on things short-term, at the expense of future. Fiat-Chrysler was not able to carry on after he was gone, despite or because of his changes, and it had to merge with Peugeot to become part of Stellantis.

(the previous platform - of Mitsubishi origin - was not that good, and had been around since the Sebring; the new platform needed more time to gain a following; the new platform car I still see running all over my area, it has certainly turned out to be durable; in a way I'm glad it was dropped because it helped Fusion sales)

Edited by - Skylark on 01/01/2023 15:12:31
Go to Top of Page

kosh2258

USA

Posted - 02/24/2023 :  08:18:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill,

Yah, I'm familar with the history of the 200.
I actually considered buying one because of the options offered and that it was a mid-size sedan with AWD. They were screwed together pretty well.

I'm a regular reader of Autoextremeist.com. DeLorenzo's "rants" about Sergio and his shenanigans is legendary. It seemed for a while, like every other of Peter's rants were about Sergio's latest con job and his internal manipulation's in Auburn Hills.

I'm still amazed that the remnants of the Chrysler Corporation still exist, considering all the body blows the company took from minimum Bob Eaton, Daimler (Jurgen and Dieter), and FCA (Sergio) - all disasters. There may be a fighting chance of recovery with Stellantis, but only time will tell.

Edited by - kosh2258 on 02/24/2023 08:19:31
Go to Top of Page

kosh2258

USA

Posted - 04/29/2023 :  15:10:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found this YouTube video of the Jeep facility in Detroit at Mack road.

A nearly state of the art facility with processes that are similar to what was used on the last Chrysler 200.

Edited by - kosh2258 on 09/15/2023 07:35:28
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 04/30/2023 :  06:44:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
video wouldn't play, for me;
it said "error occurred"
Go to Top of Page

kosh2258

USA

Posted - 09/15/2023 :  07:35:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skylark

video wouldn't play, for me;
it said "error occurred"

A cut and paste error. I fixed it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales. © 2000-23 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000