JSS Software:Diecast Forum
SiteLock Security

“A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.”

-William Shakespeare

Visit Automodello.

The PhillyMint

Diecasm

Legal Disclaimer:

You must be 18 years old to post on our boards as per our registration requirement. All data posted on this site must be "Original and non defamatory". JSS is not responsible for the accuracy of any information which gets posted to our forums. Please view our Forum Guidelines before posting.

Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 JSS Forums
 Corner Bar
 So what are your thoughts on the crap we are
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Myron

USA

Posted - 02/13/2023 :  08:34:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
shooting out of the sky? I am an AirForce guy and I am glad these objects are gone. Only thing for me is why did it take so long?

Skylark

USA

Posted - 02/13/2023 :  16:28:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Myron, I think we know the source of all these problems is the leadership vaccuum in the WH, and I hope voters put aside their personal special interests and preferences in our upcoming elections, and vote out the clueless head we accidentally voted in there.
(Canada might want to do the same thing soon, for their PM sending armed mercenaries into the streets to shut down peaceful protests there against government policies, but that's a whole other topic)

Our POTUS and his kind are more interested in taking down the Strategic Oil Reserve and taking away our personal transportation than they are in defending our borders, be it on the ground or in the air.

Edited by - Skylark on 02/13/2023 17:45:43
Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 02/13/2023 :  16:47:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I read an article today on his Transportation Secretary Mr. Pete. Mr. Pete claimed the money going to rebuild black neighborhoods is working but white people are getting the jobs. WTF... The people that are qualified get the jobs end of story. Let me share a Myron story. I worked for a mining company back in the late 70's early 80's, it was hard work, and there weren't too many people with the smarts to get the job done. I was one of them with the smarts. Since this was a union job the company decided to increase our pay by issuing us overtime since we couldn't get a raise. That being said, we got a specific amount of OT for our work period if we worked it or not. If we had a major break down we stayed and fixed it, period. Most nights we stayed late to get the job done. Now of course others wanted this sweet deal until they had to work late and do the work; they couldn't. Most of those individuals worked one night and never asked to stay again. Moral of the story is only the qualified got the work.

I stayed there until the computer industry came alive then I moved on. A co-worker who I am still good friends with always asks me would I go back if I could. My answer to him is always the same. "Hell no!"
The company was very good to me, offering me all kinds of positions in management so I would stay but it wasn't my thing. When we built our home, the one we are in now, one of my bosses stopped to see how our build was coming. The workers stopped dead in their tracks; this gentleman had a way about himself, he scared the **** out of all of them. When he left the workers asked me who the hell was he? I laughed and said "He is the guy I call if I need a crane in my yard first thing in the morning, and it will be here." Nuff said.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Nist

USA

Posted - 02/13/2023 :  17:02:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why are we using missiles? Wouldn't a short burst from guns bring them down a lot cheaper?
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 02/13/2023 :  17:05:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have 2 bridges on the 4-lane highway going past my little town, and the highway gets lots of traffic, including a lot of heavy trucks. That pair of bridges has been put out of service for major repairs on average about every other year for 2 decades. I began wondering why so often.

I've found that the State Transportation department uses a contract bidding system based on quotas to meet, for a whole list of ownership demographics. That means they don't hire the best contractor or best bid, if they still need to fulfill a quota.

Consequently, our roads aren't being fixed by the best qualified contractors, and that means more spending and more frequent construction zone restrictions are needed to keep the bridges functional and safe.

Edited by - Skylark on 02/13/2023 17:55:10
Go to Top of Page

kosh2258

USA

Posted - 02/24/2023 :  07:52:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just found this today and will add, for better or worse, my $.02.

The current "administration" haunting the WH is just a big 3 ring circus with clowns populating all three rings. The "ringleader" is a corrupt, self-serving, unctuous pr**k of a man who's been an empty suit his entire career. He's now been elected beyond his level of incompetence to the detriment of us all.

This administration is what results when merit is tossed out the window and identity politics, coupled with ideology, takes over. Basically the way the Soviet Union dis-functioned.

I firmly believe that Biden is in the hip-pocket of the CCP and working against the best interests of this country for personal gain and to cover his a$$, which is hanging wayyyy out.

On the topic of spy balloons, the Chinese floater was shot down with a missile because it was operating at around 65,000 feet. The only plane we still have operational at that altitude is the U2, which isn't armed. The only way to shoot the balloon down was with a missile shot from a F-22 at about 40,000 ft, it's operational limit.

The other 3, I have no idea. The UFO over lake Huron was shot down by a Minnesota Air National Guard jet, who missed on the first go (shame and embarrassment) . That UFO was at an altitude where guns would be usable. The F-16 in use does have guns on board so maybe, it was the size of the target that dictated a missile, but who knows.
Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 02/24/2023 :  08:01:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don’t hold back Ted. I totally agree with your assessment.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales. © 2000-23 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000