JSS Software:Diecast Forum
SiteLock Security

“A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.”

-William Shakespeare

Visit Automodello.

The PhillyMint

Diecasm

Legal Disclaimer:

You must be 18 years old to post on our boards as per our registration requirement. All data posted on this site must be "Original and non defamatory". JSS is not responsible for the accuracy of any information which gets posted to our forums. Please view our Forum Guidelines before posting.

Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales.
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 JSS Forums
 1:18th Die Cast Forum
 Here's one for Billy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jim K

USA

Posted - 02/18/2023 :  21:33:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I added the wheelie bars.

Billy Collins

USA

Posted - 02/19/2023 :  09:51:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WHOA!! This is sweet.

I've not seen this one before. What's the story behind it?
... new release? ... an oldie? ... a custom build?

The black GMP version got too expensive. I was looking for the silver version; but, got busy taking care of my 90 year old Dad and probably missed a few opportunities. That's life.

The last one I've bought 'new' was the blue / single 'silver' stripe / Cragar mag-wheels.
Go to Top of Page

Jim K

USA

Posted - 02/21/2023 :  20:14:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Billy Collins

WHOA!! This is sweet.

I've not seen this one before. What's the story behind it?
... new release? ... an oldie? ... a custom build?

The black GMP version got too expensive. I was looking for the silver version; but, got busy taking care of my 90 year old Dad and probably missed a few opportunities. That's life.

The last one I've bought 'new' was the blue / single 'silver' stripe / Cragar mag-wheels.

Billy This is the same tooling from GMP/ACME. These were put out by a company called High Performance Diecast using the tooling. It seems that GMP/ACME is letting other people sell there cars under different company names. The 57 purple Rat Fink gasser I bought from The Hamilton Collection/ Bradford Exchange is the same deal. Their new box with the GMP/ACME car inside.
Go to Top of Page

Billy Collins

USA

Posted - 02/22/2023 :  09:22:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim, I went browsing ebay and found some of those HPDs fairly easily.

You know what the automatic question is - don't you?
Why didn't DM jump in on this and other GMPs?
They've already done some ACME stuff. I've not checked the DM website lately though.
Go to Top of Page

Jim K

USA

Posted - 02/22/2023 :  13:48:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Billy Here's another car under different company. This time GMP/ACME is part of it.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/203590149518?hash=item2f66eb258e:g:Ii8AAOSwAnBhL9-9&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAsKd5Bw%2FcOFVnCU0XiK0ciNZFcCIc0tHXAzDRJsaJsH%2BKXIyA300e7NEWHhI7pZ0IdnHgi0En%2BtyTx7iKCT5IOFuuiT6uv81AMBO094N9fzGv0d1%2BOKXNg6h5%2FSe%2BTxKbXFvTOR8XeIcOJZr1mIp1J7p4jukHjjXL4JzyGhIuxiCxO7eFHhAL5GxbTG7FS0jugTtPrxxuSrPmOYXy4QIPQjPf1yg5OkMCJZGxjQnO6EFC%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR6LKgKfPYQ
Go to Top of Page

Myron

USA

Posted - 05/29/2023 :  12:35:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sweet.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Forums 1:24, 1:18, 1:43 scales. © 2000-23 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000